PDA

View Full Version : help me find an alarm system...

Deeper_shades
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
think its time I invest an alarm system, I park my car right out side my building, and Im looking at a 2 way system, something that will be really sensitive to anything....

two options i have found in my area are, Compustar and black widow?

both guys want about 550$ to put them in plus add power to my doors.

I dont know much about alarms and electrical is not my strong point.

what do you suggest?

Deeper_shades
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
any one know about black widow or compustar?

mendon99
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Black Widows look cheap to me, haven't even heard of them till now. Id stick with Compustar or something DEI really (Viper, Clifford, Python) if you want reliability...

bubbagumper6
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah out of those two go with the Compustar. I've got a Viper and I love it.

However $550 is a lot of money...I got mine (which is a mid-range one) for like $200 and installed it myself. It's not that hard as long as you have patience.

Deeper_shades
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Ok, ill look around for viper, like I said electrical is not my strong point and Id be after reliability and would not trust my self doing my own install

Puntolunatic
03-26-2010, 03:16 AM
I have and advise you to install a cobra alarm,because is simple-affordable-long lasting.
Don't be impressed by the displays and multifunktioning keyboards!They increase the cost of the alarm and if a display drops from your hands and break you will need a fortune to replace it..With my cobra alarm,nothing can enter the armed zone,or any door-boot etc open without it siring..It also prevents the engine from starting.

Personally I don't give a **** if it makes also toast,eggs and take the kids to school..Do you?