PDA

View Full Version : Noob seeking advice

odabbs
03-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Well basically I've been into car audio for about a year and a half. Right now I'm running 2 Type-r 12's, dual 2 ohms, in a 3.6 cu ft. ported box. My ride is an 01 civic.

Right now i have the box facing the rear and I fold my back seats down to get more airspace for the subs as well as more sound, but I am curious as to whether turning the box to face the driver and folding down my back seats will help the sound or hurt it. Any advice would be helpful :D

misfit138
03-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Just try it out, man.

kraudio12
03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
lol yeah its nothing that you can't change i mean i prefer havin the subs towards the driver then the trunk

odabbs
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
haha yeah true, its just dark outside and i'm bored and was thinking about it. I guess i'll try it out tomorrow and see if i get any improvement. Thank you

branham1127
03-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Just try it out, man.

This.
Sometimes its better just to try something out rather than asking people what they think will be best. Especially if its something simple like turning your box around. It definitely wont hurt anything, so give it a try! If you turn it around and like the sound more, keep it, if you don't turn the box how you had it to begin with.

RAM_Designs
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Your box seems pretty small, are you lacking in the low frequencies any?

odabbs
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
well the box is about as big as i can get it without it engulfing my entire trunk right now. but considering that the box isn't as big as i would like, it does get the lows pretty well. but it could definitely hit them a lot stronger if i had a bigger box.