PDA

View Full Version : JVC KD-R810 and KD-R900

hellouser
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I've recently had the chance to test a KD-R810 and it performed exceptionally well with usb flash drives and music loaded in it;

-usb flash drive loaded very quickly
-folder were displayed alphabetically as were files, NOT sorted by creation date as sonys and others are known to do
-scrolling through folders and files was very quick using rotary knob
-playback when skipping through tracks was almost instant, theres usually a time gap between tracks when using other decks (feels like lag)
-seeking through tracks is really quick

i did not get to test CD playback or use an ipod, but I would imagine it would have the same kind of response.

I have yet to see an R900 unit on display somewhere where I can play around with its USB funcionality, so I'm hoping someone can tell me that the R900 works the same as the R810, particularly sorting files and folders alphabetically. I have an incredibly large mp3 library i'd like to listen to from a flash drive, NOT an iPod.

I do have a couple other questions regarding the specs of the two units.

The R810 specs are as follows:

# Subwoofer Output with Level/Frequency Control
# Load Impedance: 4 ohms (4 - 8 ohms allowable)
# Line Output Level: 2.5V
# Line Output Impedance: 1 kohms
# Subwoofer Output Level: 2.5V

The R900 specs:

# Subwoofer Output with Level/Frequency Control (Gold Plated)
# Load Impedance: 4 ohms (4 - 8 ohms allowable)
# Line Output Level: 5.0V
# Line Output Impedance: 1 kohms
# Subwoofer Output Level: 5.0V

Do the line output levels really make that much of a difference? I have an Alpine CDA-117 @ 4.0V and it sounds just fine. Mind you, I dont use an amp (yet) and only have a self amplified Bazooka Tube.

Anyway, some input would be nice, thanks!!

CarAudioNewbie9
03-21-2010, 12:04 AM
It makes big difference.

Johnny Law.Lulz
03-21-2010, 12:07 AM
The more output through your RCA's, the less you'll have to turn the amp gain up before you reach maximum unclipped power. Its good to have higher voltage outputs.