PDA

View Full Version : double din avic relfecting off tint at night..

orangecounty1
03-20-2010, 12:59 AM
my tint is really dark, and at night its like a black mirror. i havent bought the avic z110bt yet, but i want one, but at night its gonna ****. is there a way to turn the brightness down ALOT? like i have my gauges and factory radio lights all the way down, to the point where in a non tinted car you would have a hard time seeing it at night, but in my car is perfect.

the main thing is it catches ur eye so then its harder to drive with a bright light. when i go to switch my ipod, its hard to look at it for more than a few seconds becuase its so bright.

im assuming there is a way to adjust brightness, but i wanna know how low you can go. anyone have one, or a similar avic, that can check for me?

chawski
03-21-2010, 12:41 PM
go into the setup screen and there is an option for brightness. You can set it to auto (which i believe changes whether the headlights are on or not, not sure if there is actually a light sensor) or you can just set it to bright or dim. Im not sure how much play there is in how dim it can get, but atleast for me, turning it to the dimmest setting was good enough. I dont have dark tint, so im not sure how big a problem it is, but before i turned it down, i felt like i had a spotlight in my dash, so i definately know what youre talking about.