PDA

View Full Version : Fronts Stopped Working

Sweet'n Low
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
My fronts stoped working.

Adjusting my setting, crossover and what not. switched to blances and when i moved the sound all the way to the forward i realized there is NO SOUND. Backs still playing. Any ideas?

mclerico83
03-19-2010, 10:41 AM
check the imp of the speakers make sure their not blown or their a break in the wire at where you connect the wire at amp

Blove1991
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Grounds, fuses, settings on the HU, pinched wire.

Just a start.

Hoodlum007
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Check all wiring to make sure nothing came unconnected or loose. Speaker wires, RCA's, remote wires....

Bumpin' Goalie
03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
According to your sig, you have a 4 chan. But just in case, if you are running a 2 chan to both sets then you lose the fade option. And you will either have them playing normally at one end, and not playing at the other end of fade.

Otherwise, check connections, check speakers, check amp. probably in that order. Best of luck.

Sweet'n Low
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Fronts Fixed :)

Set my 4ch to Full and turned up the crossover levels. totally controlling the crossovers from my HU now.
Checked a couple of earlier forums and realized that between
the passive crossovers, the HU xovers and the amp's own crossover, something was wrong.
Thanks for the help guys, i would know nothing about car audio without this forum (and my copy of car audio for dumbies)