PDA

View Full Version : 2 15" ported speaker encloser at 25hz

NickCarullo
03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
okay so i want to build a bigger ported box for my 15" audio planet subs right now there just in a stock sealed enclosure and i have a couple of questions first

1. would doing this make my subs any louder or hit any harder?
2. the specs on the site says: freq.response 25hz-1khz
3. should i build my ports tuned to that or does it matter what i tune it too?
4. how do i build my ports for the specific frequency i want it to have

thank you im just a beginner

RAM_Designs
03-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I'd tune higher for sure. Do you have a link to the exact subs you have?

NickCarullo
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
PLANET AUDIO | YOUR FINAL DESTINATION (http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/615)

NickCarullo
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
someone told me i should tune around 33hz for loudness i mean all i want is for them to be loud and hit harder

BumpinKota
03-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Tune it to around 35-36 hz

RAM_Designs
03-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Tune it to around 35-36 hz

x2, I was thinking around 35hz myself. PA doesn't give any real useful specs that would determine what size box to use, but I'd go with around 3.5ft^3 each tune to 35hz.

basshedz06
03-20-2010, 10:19 AM
x2, I was thinking around 35hz myself. PA doesn't give any real useful specs that would determine what size box to use, but I'd go with around 3.5ft^3 each tune to 35hz.

all this is good info i would def not go by company specs myself, build an tune it how you want cause in the end it's just a sub. i don't think 3.5^3 would be enough for that low of tuning cause he wouldn't have enough port area, would he not? Not for 15's anyway, i would go with at least 5-6 after displacement with about a 4 or 5 in wide port should put it around that tuneing for sure.
he the guy that i am quote on his post he design boxes get him some cash an i am sure he will get ya right with a cut sheet an all.

mazdakid
03-20-2010, 10:49 AM
all this is good info i would def not go by company specs myself, build an tune it how you want cause in the end it's just a sub. i don't think 3.5^3 would be enough for that low of tuning cause he wouldn't have enough port area, would he not? Not for 15's anyway, i would go with at least 5-6 after displacement with about a 4 or 5 in wide port should put it around that tuneing for sure.
he the guy that i am quote on his post he design boxes get him some cash an i am sure he will get ya right with a cut sheet an all.

He can tune it to whatever he wants in 3.5 cubes. He didnt even say how much port area hes going to have so how can you say its not enough?

RAM_Designs
03-20-2010, 01:41 PM
i don't think 3.5^3 would be enough for that low of tuning cause he wouldn't have enough port area, would he not? Not for 15's anyway
How do you know how much port area he'd be using? And 35hz isn't that low; I just built a box tuned to 28hz the other day.

at least 5-6 after displacement with about a 4 or 5 in wide port should put it around that tuneing for sure.
5-6ft^3 per sub is way too big...maybe you're thinking for both? In that case I'd do around 6.5ft^3 for both. 4-5" wide port doesn't mean anything if you don't know how tall it is, and how long it is, which would be determined by how big the box is and what tuning you want.

Your post makes no sense. :fyi: