PDA

View Full Version : Clarion ebrake bypass? Is it easy?

Shadow7874
03-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I got a clarion nx409 and id like to bypass the ebrake so a passenger can watch a dvd while i drive but im not sure how much is involved in doing so. Ive read that some units have a bypass code. Anyone know much about this particular head unit?

Wingman0121
03-18-2010, 12:42 PM
MOST of the time the ebrake wire is just a loop that needs to be closed so all you have to do is connect it to a ground, read the installation guide and see what it says about where to hook the ebrake wire to. If it says anything like "tap into the existing brake wire in our car" then it is what I mentioned. Some units are more tricky requiring a switch and a relay or a kit that you can buy from eBay. Some units have gyroscopes built-in so you'll need to either enter a code to disable it or you're SOL.

whitedragon551
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Newer units have G force sensors in them and they can tell if the car is moving or not. Besides who watches TV driving. Dont be a **** head and kill someone while your watching Seinfeild.

Wingman0121
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe he wants at least his TVs in the backseat to work for the kids, but my guess is he ain't doing it for the children hahaha

I drove while watching a DVD just once and it gave me motion sickness so I wouldn't recommend it, plus everyone all want to drive next to you to watch some TV and you end up getting boxed in.