PDA

View Full Version : Coaxial Speaker need help Alpine Type-R VS Boston Acoustic SR95

styless
03-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I currently have Alpine Type-R 6x9 for my rear so im wondering should i change/upgrade it to Boston Acoustic SR95 as my friend just got one and i think they sound louder and the SQ is better. Opinion? Dont worry about the bass as i have 2 12" subs in my trunk. And i have Alpine Type-X for my front.

Or my other option is maybe should i go for a good 6.5" ? But i am doing 6x9 just to fill the factory's hole that i already have on my car, do you guys think i can adjust that to make it fit the 6.5 component?

kkreit01
03-17-2010, 02:16 PM
For rear fill, I wouldn't bother. What you currently have is fine. You want your best sound coming from front. I would keep it the same -- since you have Alpine/Alpine.

To answer your other question, you can easily make a 6.5 fit a 6x9 hole. You can make your own mounting plate out of thin mdf or cutting boards, or buy some like these:

Scosche SA69 - Speaker Adapter Brackets - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4965_Scosche+SA69.html)

jeepsystemguy
03-21-2010, 09:37 PM
In a 2007 Jeep Wrangler I'm running an alpine 9887 with clarion eq. Memphis MCH600, Kicker solobaric 12". The front's are Boston Acoustic PRO 50's. I'm looking to complete the system with the rear components soon. Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I stay with Boston or can I mix and match. Would like to stay in 200 dollar range. THanks.