PDA

View Full Version : SPG-555 cutout question

04silverz
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Trying to do the cutout for the baffle for this bad boy and am running into a problem. Using the template from BA website and have the length and width measurements down but am unsure about how to figure out the curved part. Anyone have ideas/tips?

on1wheel01
03-14-2010, 02:00 PM
By curved part do you mean sub cut out lolz? Find out the cut out diameter either ge ta circle jig on a router or free hand it with a jig saw.

O.G. D-Wet
03-16-2010, 10:55 PM
By curved part do you mean sub cut out lolz? Find out the cut out diameter either ge ta circle jig on a router or free hand it with a jig saw.

x2

zerosktr111
03-16-2010, 10:58 PM
I think this is a weird sub that is like an oval or some **** If that helps you guys...

spltuscon
03-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Look at the template again...it shows you the radius for the curve. Use a circle jig for a router (Jasper jig is best) and set it to double the radius. So basically you do 2 round cutouts with the center point offset and connect them with a straight cut.
It is a pain in the @ss though...I'm building one for a customer right now and I swear people that come up with oval and square subs have never built a box in their life! Talk about slowing down the building process...plus BA's listed cutout doesn't match the template dimensions! I called them and they told me to go by the template.
Hope that helps!

O.G. D-Wet
03-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Look at the template again...it shows you the radius for the curve. Use a circle jig for a router (Jasper jig is best) and set it to double the radius. So basically you do 2 round cutouts with the center point offset and connect them with a straight cut.
It is a pain in the @ss though...I'm building one for a customer right now and I swear people that come up with oval and square subs have never built a box in their life! Talk about slowing down the building process...plus BA's listed cutout doesn't match the template dimensions! I called them and they told me to go by the template.
Hope that helps!

LOL well supposedly the oval and square = more cone area so... it's a trade off. If you don't want to build the box, then dont get the subs... or plan on paying extra out of pocket for having someone else slave over that $hit lol

Wingman0121
03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
If you really want to make sure then get a piece of thin cardboard, eye out the approx. dimension of the round magnet and cut a circle out of it so the cardboard fits on the sub. Keep trimming it until it sits nice and flush on the back on the sub and use that as the cutting template with the help of a ruler and a compass.

It's always good to go small the first time because if it's too big then you're phucked.