PDA

View Full Version : Lost Need some help instailing this double din.

dkorzun21
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey guys Im new here and have a couple questions installing this double din in my 07 silverado. Ok first off cruchfeild says that the max depth for my truck is 6.718" the double din I want ebay said its a total length of 6.89" which includeds the front face will this deck fit? I know that most decks our a couple inches bigger do to the faec plate. Here is the deck im looking at HD LCD Universal Double Din CAR RADIO DVD GPS BT iPod : eBay Motors (item 320444469847 end time Apr-02-10 21:06:51 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HD-LCD-Universal-Double-Din-CAR-RADIO-DVD-GPS-BT-iPod_W0QQitemZ320444469847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_A udio_Video?hash=item4a9bfa9257) . So you guys think this will fit mines a 07 big body style silverado.

Next question:
Some people told me that I need a data bus interface to keep my chimes for the seat belt and stuff cuz its all run through the HU and it will run me about 100 bucks I dont mind losing theses noises but will it effect anything else in my car other than that and losing onstar.

Please help guys

orangecounty1
03-10-2010, 07:32 AM
i just bought a new HHR, and eventually im going to put a double din in as well, and im wondering about the chimes and onstar as well. curious to see the replies here. might be better off checking on a silverado forum, unless someone on here owns the same truck and can shed some light.