PDA

View Full Version : 4th order, 6th order, or ported?

atlninja82
03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
hey guys,

Well I have decided to go ahead and do a blow through in my truck. I have a single cab chevy and I have two DD 2510's behind the seats( barely fits ) and i squeezed them into a 2.6 net cube box with two 4 inch aeros. I feel like im choking the hell out of them and am eventually going to do 4 2510's so thought i may as well go ahead and do the blow through. So heres my question. I was thinking of doing a bandpass so I wouldnt have to cut such a big hole in the cab. Is this the route I should go or should i just cut a huge hole and go ported? If i do go bandpass should i do a 6th order or 4th order? I am wanting the most output possible.

Thanks guys,
-eric

cx-7heaven
03-09-2010, 12:29 AM
From what I have seen, 4th and 6th order boxes take up gobs of room. So you may get away with a smaller hole, but you will prolly lose most of your bedspace, and it wont be usable as a pickup anymore. Something to consider.

atlninja82
03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
thats fine. wouldnt 4th order be a lot louder than ported though?

cx-7heaven
03-09-2010, 12:52 AM
It all depends on the build. Like any other enclosure, one topology is not guaranteed to be louder than the other. If I wanted to do a BP build, I would have someone do it who had done a few before that can be proven, as BP's are fairly hard to get right( from what Ive seen). I would just do a ported build with those, blow it through the back window and put a topper on that truck. No cutting that way... of course you could blow a BP through the window as well. I'm in the same boat as you, getting ready to change things up, gonna try to build a 149.9 bassracer out of 2 18's and ~4k power. Thats the way I plan on doing mine though, is through the window with a topper.

steph3n1
03-09-2010, 12:54 AM
the fact of no cutting with the whole topper thing is nice but who the hell wants a big *** leer top on their truck....not me

atlninja82
03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
yea im not a real fan of the camper tops. im actually planning on putting the box underneath my toolbox and not putting a cover over the bed and just covering the box in something that is weather proof and bolting the box to the bed. I guess I will just go ported then. seems the easiest anyways.

cx-7heaven
03-09-2010, 01:06 AM
the fact of no cutting with the whole topper thing is nice but who the hell wants a big *** leer top on their truck....not me

I dont plan on one of those ugly *** Leers. I plan on a nice FG with no windows. It will be slick

atlninja82
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
well heres my truck.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/atlninja82/finaltrucksig.jpg

dont think any kind of top would looke very good on it. do you know of anything i can cover the box in to make it water proof?

atlninja82
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
well heres my truck.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/atlninja82/finaltrucksig.jpg

dont think any kind of top would looke very good on it. do you know of anything i can cover the box in to make it water proof?