PDA

View Full Version : calc slot for 2 subs

Mirp
12-31-2003, 12:57 PM
how do i calculate how much more slot port area i need for 2 subs rather than 1. got 2 mtx thunder 8000 T81044a tuned to 31 hz with a box area of 2.66. the top of my box is 5" wide and 60" long and thats where i want my slotted port.also should my port go down into the box somewhat since its up above the subs by aways. Also i may seperat the 2 subs, does that matter

Trixter
12-31-2003, 04:00 PM
Usually if a sub calls for a certain amt of port area, and your using two sub, just double it. If you have a 2.66cu' box your port is goingt o take a lot of it up if you go with a large slot port. I would alsmost recommend using a couple round ports to save space. Also you say you may seperate them. I guessing you mean put a divider in the box. If your going with a ported box there is no need to seperate them. If you really want to then just treat each one as them being in their own box with their own port.

Mirp
12-31-2003, 05:55 PM
i just figured if i ever blew one the other would still sound good till i got a new one.Anyways my box is square for 7inches up at 7 inches deep,then it angles up about 12 inches where its 5 inches wide and the back side my angle in a lil to go around a molding piecewith the slot right there. but does it have to be a certain distance from the walls of the box. if i go with 2 circle ports theyd have to be around 5 inches wouldnt they. that gives me the same question. Its all fitting behind a single cab silverado and i want the ports on the top but is that a good idea.

Mirp
12-31-2003, 11:57 PM
what would make better sq and what kind of tubing should i use if i did round and how long

Trixter
01-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Putting the ports on the top would probably be your best bet. You can use PVC.