PDA

View Full Version : Enough port space?

Carnivorous18
03-01-2010, 03:55 AM
So im fittin an 18" btl in my civic. max dimensions are 30x17x35, though i may measure how much mrore room id get if i used some space from the spare tire well. Heres what i plugged in but i really dont know how much port area i need to have and what i should tune it to so I need insight on how to change this up.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Jsgetbusylgz/Boxdimensions.jpg

I will face it towards the front and front fire the sub because the back seats are slanted and that gives room for the vent to breathe. I figure after someone recommends a fix on dimensions/port area ill have around 7 cubes before sub displacement. Thats 'fair' for an 18" btl, right?
Feedback please:confused:

StickyFingaz
03-01-2010, 04:12 AM
The box in your picture doesn't have enough port area.

For a 7 cube box you will want around 105 square inches of port.

Using the max demensions your port will have to be 6" wide to get 105 square inches of port, and will have a volume of apx. 1.3ft^2 assuming it is a slot port.

After deducting the port from your inital estimate of 7 cubes, your left with something closer to 5.5ft^2, which seems a bit small for an 18"BTL.

RAM_Designs
03-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Why in the hell is that box tuned to 18hz?

bubbagumper6
03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
1. Not even close to enough port area
2. Tuning needs to be much higher (~32hz)
3. Don't use the RE calc, it can be inaccurate...

RAM_Designs
03-01-2010, 08:58 AM
1. Not even close to enough port area
2. Tuning needs to be much higher (~32hz)
3. Don't use the RE calc, it can be inaccurate...

This.

Buck
03-01-2010, 09:06 AM
That design is whack :fyi:

k_schutte
03-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I would also suggest using an external port. That would save you a lot of box volume so you won't be suffocating that BTL.

Also, have someone design you a box because it is quite obvious you have NO CLUE what you are doing.

Carnivorous18
03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I would also suggest using an external port. That would save you a lot of box volume so you won't be suffocating that BTL.

Also, have someone design you a box because it is quite obvious you have NO CLUE what you are doing.

Im right there with ya.. I do need a design please but I probably need to measure how much more space id get from using my spare tire well area first. Anyone willing to help me with that? Ill have new measurements up in a few hours I gotta go to class right now