PDA

View Full Version : boom24s...outa car audio good by

boom24
02-28-2010, 11:39 PM
so i have come down to the desision that iam leaving the car audio scene ....evrything i have will be up for sale within the next day or so...time to start makeing changes...car audio is destroying my life rite now and i have alot of other things that are alot more inportant to me..:crying::crying::crying:

ItsLilGreeny
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
David the ****kkk are you doin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U cant stop doing something you love for goodness sake cut the crapola!

schackel
02-28-2010, 11:42 PM
**** that

boom24
02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
**** that

ur telling me bro

thousands apon thousands trown in the trash

1phatclipse
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
sounds like you need caraudio rehab ...its a 12volt step program ...Im sure they will welcome you right in
Step down 1kw at a time dont try to quit cold turkey thats just dangerous

hatedonmostly
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
ur telling me bro

thousands apon thousands trown in the trash

If you didn't spend money enjoying life, what else would you do with it? Be buried with it when you die?

boom24
02-28-2010, 11:59 PM
sounds like you need caraudio rehab ...its a 12volt step program ...Im sure they will welcome you right in
Step down 1kw at a time dont try to quit cold turkey thats just dangerous

haha...lol

boom24
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
If you didn't spend money enjoying life, what else would you do with it? Be buried with it when you die?

yea i know..iam well over 5 k in this build and onther 5k to go

and i wana try new things in life at least for the next year...who knows i mite be back

boom24
03-01-2010, 12:01 AM
no more 4 15s and a 49.9 bass racer.....:banghead:

TeamElite-Mike
03-01-2010, 12:22 AM
So chris wins the bet, you still have to pay even though you're a ***** and backed out :p:

Brian_smith06
03-01-2010, 12:24 AM
does anybody ever really quit car audio? I said i was never going to do anything to my newest car(maybe just a headunit). As you can see by my sig that was a complete failure.

wone
03-01-2010, 04:47 AM
wow, im shure the bug will hit again

SICK GV
03-01-2010, 06:53 AM
**** homie that blows. I guess Ill have the only loud Jeep around. Call me later Mr. K1.

CRXBMPN
03-01-2010, 08:35 AM
yeah right, i've said that a dozen times. here I am... rebuilding and retooling as usual... lol.

SPL Blazer
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Nobody ever really quits, there are several competitors who have quit in the last 10 years and are slowly coming back to it.

boom24
03-01-2010, 02:55 PM
yea we will havta see...iam haveing alot of personall probs and finacial probs that havta get worked out befor i do anything ealse with car audio

Rep352
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
That ***** that you might have to step away from car audio. I think I will have to do the same thing right now. I'm closing on a my first house and I don't have the money right now to get a BLOWN DDZ2 amp fixed.

sexyvic1
03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
That ***** that you might have to step away from car audio. I think I will have to do the same thing right now. I'm closing on a my first house and I don't have the money right now to get a BLOWN DDZ2 amp fixed.

wanna sell that blown z2 for cheap ;)

SPL Blazer
03-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Guess you shouldn't have blown it up in the 1st place. Thats a serious amp for a noob.

SICK GV
03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
X2 Steve. I had to run 2 Batcap 8400s for 1 of my DD z2s. I wouldnt recommend using that amp unless you got some serious battery backup. Great amp for burping though.

SPL Blazer
03-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Guess this guy used a couple Optima Yellow Tops on it and thought he could get away with dropping it to .25 and blew the amp up, then tried to say Boom24 sold him a dead amp when he was the one who blew it up.

Rep352
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Ya is hard to blow up a amp that was already blown. By they way I'm running 3 2400 kinetic and a 1800 under the hood. Your home boy tried to say that I blow it up but I'm part of a team just like yal guess are call team PurePressure. We took the amp apart and it was still burn the heck up,but it's O.K he got what he deserved that's way his Jeep blow up. I will just have to pay the $400 to get it fixed.

SICK GV
03-07-2010, 09:26 AM
3 2400s and a 1800 is not even close to what you need though. And .25 will pop that thing real quick. Like I said me and other guys who have used them got the most out of them with 2 8400s. I used 3 Batcap 3000s and a 2000 under the hood to run my 5k when I dropped it to .5 before rise and went from 14.8v to 11.5 on a burp. When I tried the Z2s with a small battery bank they didnt like it. They are not a good daily amp or street stock amp.

SICK GV
03-07-2010, 09:31 AM
And for the record regardless if anyone disagrees that amp is a 16v amp. If your using in a 12v setup and dont have the batts to maintain voltage then that amp will blow. Chris from DBR, guys from DD, and US amps will tell you .25 is bad for this amp. Just my 2 cents. Hope everything works out for yall.

Rep352
03-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I was never planning on running that amp at .25, I was planning on doing 1. Regardless of what set up I was planning he still sold me a bad amp. I would highly encourage people to NOT purchase from him unless you want to get burned. If you do decide purchase at a price that you are willing to repair the item. Like I said the amp was not even in my possession for 1 hour, and at the time I don't even have subs in my car. It is not hard to figure out that it is blown when you open the box and it smells burnt. I had just enough time to open the top and see all that burnt up mess.

DonH
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
lol

SPL Blazer
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmm, sounds just like the amp you sold him, the terminals bashed in, the board was broken and the speaker outputs are pushing DC current instead of AC current. He blew the coils on four 15" DC Level 4XL's with the piece of blown crap you sold him too, so it looks like you both have to pay money to fix amps.

ACT Audio
03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I was never planning on running that amp at .25, I was planning on doing 1. Regardless of what set up I was planning he still sold me a bad amp. I would highly encourage people to NOT purchase from him unless you want to get burned. If you do decide purchase at a price that you are willing to repair the item. Like I said the amp was not even in my possession for 1 hour, and at the time I don't even have subs in my car. It is not hard to figure out that it is blown when you open the box and it smells burnt. I had just enough time to open the top and see all that burnt up mess.

actually its funny because it was my amp in the beginning........ worked great for me till CHRIS got it.... LOL
u think thats bad..... fork out 3k+ FOR AN AMP AND HAVE IT DIE WHEN FIRST USED......... CHEAP ***..... CRY WHEN U SPEND SOME REAL $$$$

SICK GV
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Its true. Every amp we've ever had works great till it goes in the Jeep. I have a problem with not playing music at 155dbs on a daily basis. I love DD but DD hates us!! And yeah Adams right try spending 3k on an amp that gets 1 burp with no power then ignites a turns into a 4 alarm blaze in your car. I lost count on how many times thats happen to me. The 1 good thing about our situation is the guy we got our amp from is repairing the amp and sending us a smaller but still nasty amp to test and compete with in the meantime.

SICK GV
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
We are getting off topic here. If Boom24 is done competing he now owes me $500 bucks for challenging our Jeep and now quitting. A deal is a deal so pay up sucker! Say it out loud that my jeep OWNS you. Ill just tack it on to your tab for the matting and 0/g connectors and 40 batteries. Adam will put you on the wall of shame. Kaspar--- $1800 lol :)

CRXBMPN
03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
sounds like another messy break up

SICK GV
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
lol nah we're just playin around. To date ACT Audio has never had a member bounce so we all good....for now.

CRXBMPN
03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
that is because you have a T.O.S. policy :eek: only one way out ;) (termination on site, b!tchez!)

SICK GV
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
LMAO! :fce2fce: :violent:

PioneerSPL1990
03-09-2010, 12:55 AM
dont do it you'll regret it and come back 10x more agressive. and spend even more faster. wean, dont listen to other bass junkies call you a *****.

CRXBMPN
03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
family first though, or whatever it may be... car audio will always be around... at least that is my post youth outlook LoL

9515ROB
03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
u know why he is getting out of it bc he F N scammed me out of 645 dollars on the Z2 he was selling and i have called him messaged him and txted him and no reply....and since i payed 4 the paypal fee i cant get my money have bc its not a good or product so if any 1 knows him get ahold of him 4 me

S.B.C.
03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
u know why he is getting out of it bc he F N scammed me out of 645 dollars on the Z2 he was selling and i have called him messaged him and txted him and no reply....and since i payed 4 the paypal fee i cant get my money have bc its not a good or product so if any 1 knows him get ahold of him 4 me

:laugh:

:crap:

SPL Blazer
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Your amp is still at the repair shop, I was with him on Sunday night and thats what he mentioned to me. With his money issues It's gonna be hard to get ahold of him during the week, he works his full time job all day, then a new part time job from 9pm to 3am every night, he's gets two hours of sleep between jobs so checking his emails is the last thing on his mind right now. As soon as he gets the call that the Z2 is all set he'll let you know. He's not out to screw anyone over, regardless of what one person posts on here.

SICK GV
03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
u know why he is getting out of it bc he f n scammed me out of 645 dollars on the z2 he was selling and i have called him messaged him and txted him and no reply....and since i payed 4 the paypal fee i cant get my money have bc its not a good or product so if any 1 knows him get ahold of him 4 me

lol join the club of scammed on this site...... Ugh scammed twice so far ..... $1350 out the window...... Astrolade and wtf is his name?

I called the whanbulance for you.......... They should be there any minute

Maxipads
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
lol join the club of scammed on this site...... Ugh scammed twice so far ..... $1350 out the window...... Astrolade and wtf is his name?

I called the whanbulance for you.......... They should be there any minute

You mean the AMBERLAMPS?

SICK GV
03-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow I didnt even make that post above. Thanks alot Adam. I guess thats what I get for doing the same on his account lol

Rep352
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
So I'm not the only one to get scammed by Dave. I told Dave's home boy that the amp he sent me was bad form the get go. I took the amp to a shop they said it was never repaired and it's blown up so bad he doesn't think it can be fixed.

9515ROB
03-17-2010, 07:10 PM
from what i have been told u had a 60 day warranty and u failed to send it bak and that you told him when u blew it you were running it at .25ohm off 3 optima batts....so it is your fault for not knowing how to use the amp right 3 optimas isnt no where close to enough to even run that amp at 1ohm let alone .25ohm so it is your fault for blowing it up

9515ROB
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
and i did not get scammed it has been in the repair shop and he is sending it out saturday

TeamElite-Mike
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Actually Dave gave Mr. Rep352 a few different options including trading back all the gear and refunding his cash and he still said no.... Plus I was standing there with Dave when he told him he hooked it up, it played for a few seconds, then blew, probably just long enough to drain his batteries lol

sexyvic1
03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
" Actually Dave gave Mr. Rep352 a few different options including trading back all the gear and refunding his cash and he still said no.... Plus I was standing there with Dave when he told him he hooked it up, it played for a few seconds, then blew, probably just long enough to drain his batteries lol "

im not taking any sides here....but why would someone not take their cash back when offered on a blown amp and then come on here and post he got scamed ?

logic says that if he was unhappy and had the option of getting his money back he would take it.

just curious, doesnt make any sense. especially if he is still bitter about it.

Johnny Law.Lulz
03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
im not taking any sides here....but why would someone not take their cash back when offered on a blown amp and then come on here and post he got scamed ?

logic says that if he was unhappy and had the option of getting his money back he would take it.

just curious, doesnt make any sense. especially if he is still bitter about it.

Cuz he didnt get scammed but wants to blow the whistle.

TeamElite-Mike
03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Yup, I think dave wanted him to pay shipping on the z2 and he would cover the stuff he had to send back. Guys refused then the warranty ran out before he made up his mind.

SICK GV
03-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Careful Mike. You might have me by 1db but Ive been very busy matting.

TeamElite-Mike
03-19-2010, 08:17 PM
:D I was wondering when you were going to notice that, I'd be worried if you used good mat, the crap you used is barely noticeable on the roof :D Besides, we're both assholes so we win :D :D :D

Rep352
03-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Yal guys or getting some bad info first of all I have three 2400 and one 1800 under the hood. I never hook the amp up let me repeat I never hook it up in my car. I took it to my team shop we open it up it was burn the heck up inside. I called Dave and he was acting shocked he told me he would talk to the guy that repaired the amp or send me his other amp that was probably blown to. But I didn't here a dang thing from him for almost two weeks then he claim the amp I sent him was bad. Which doesn't make any sense because he called saying he couldn't even use the amp saying it was damaged, then suddenly the amp he says was broke blew his subs. How would it have done that if it was supposedly broke. Then he tried to make a deal with me by giving me a blown amp that he blew up how do I know he didn't run it a .25. I mean since that is what yal guys believe up North blowing up amps running it at that ohm load with out having enough power. If you think I'm lying about the amp not ever beginning repaired call 727-919-6793 ask for Steve he will tell you that that amp was crap when he sent it to me. Tell me if I was trying to rip Dave off by selling him a bad amp why in the hell would I be so pissed at him if I was trying to rip him off to. That should tell yal something

TeamElite-Mike
03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
All I know is what I heard you tell him on the phone while he was here, I was there when he opened your amp and it wasn't blown, but had BAD damage, the terminals had almost been pushed inside the case, and when we opened it the board had a crack, unfortunately the was no damage to the box so UPS wouldn't cover it. When we tested it to see if it worked it blew all four of his subs in a few seconds and was outputting DC not AC. It ***** if he did send you a bad amp, regardless I really don't care what either side does as it isn't my amps that are bad :D

Rep352
03-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Ya we both got a bad deal. I will just save my money and buy a addictive audio 500.1 because that amp is no joke.

SICK GV
03-20-2010, 08:47 AM
I dont know what your guys deal was but I look at it this way, take the amount that you paid for the blown amp and add shipping and repair cost and what do you get for a total? Is the amount you paid worth the 10k you get out of the amp? New that amps msrp is like $3500 and in running condition on the forums they are $900 to $1200. We got a Memphis 4k for $500 and it was bad out of the box ( was told it worked ) and now we have another 400 plus invested into fixing it. We can get this same amp from our rep for $900 new so we got the shaft. I dont know how much you paid for the amp but Im sure after the repairs your still ahead of the game. I personally will never buy or sell online again. You never know who your dealing with or know their experience with equipment.

Rep352
03-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I fell you man. I want buy anything online ever again! All of the money I have invested in that amp I could have bought a brand new 500.1.

SPL Blazer
03-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I personally will never buy or sell online again. You never know who your dealing with or know their experience with equipment.

Aww come on man, not everything you buy online is bad, the MA amp I sold you was good when you were using it. :) But you do have to watch who you buy from for sure. I've bought a few things from people on here and other forums and haven't had any problems....yet. Some bad packaging of an amp, but nothing serious. One thing you wanna do is actually send a PM to the people listed as a reference in the sellers sig, just cause they put a name there doesn't mean it was a good sale.

sexyvic1
03-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Aww come on man, not everything you buy online is bad, the MA amp I sold you was good when you were using it. :) But you do have to watch who you buy from for sure. I've bought a few things from people on here and other forums and haven't had any problems....yet. Some bad packaging of an amp, but nothing serious. One thing you wanna do is actually send a PM to the people listed as a reference in the sellers sig, just cause they put a name there doesn't mean it was a good sale.

packaging is definetly a big issue....people just throw things in a box and send it with it floping all over the place. i dont understand how someone can do that. i also hate it when someone doesnt take the time and clean the product they send, how can u send something all dusty and dirt i takes 5 minutes to clean.

SICK GV
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Your diff Steve. I knew you for a couple years and competed against you while you used the amp. It worked well for that one show before I sold it lmao. Yeah Vic I hear that too on the dirty *** equipment. Steve was nice enough to give me white gloves with the amp sale to insure a pristine look :)