PDA

View Full Version : remote, any regrets?

kingkung
02-27-2010, 04:43 AM
this is to the people that have remote start, do you guys love it, or do you guys regret getting.

Lil Poot
02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
i definitely regret being able to warm (or cool) my car at range. that just *****.

bubbagumper6
02-27-2010, 09:45 AM
i definitely regret being able to warm (or cool) my car at range. that just *****.

lol, I hope that's sarcasm...

I had remote start on my last car and loved it...too bad my current is a manual :(

mendon99
02-27-2010, 12:51 PM
some manuals can be done without the procedure and without being hacked in - many have neutral safety wires, preventing the car from starting in any gear.

Every person I've put a remote starter in thinks its the best thing ever. I can't live without mine!!

NeverEnuffBass
02-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Once you have it you'll never go without it.

The new DEI systems Viper, Python, Clifford are manual transmission compatible :FYI:

99grandprixGT
02-27-2010, 08:12 PM
its nice to have here during this winter. allot easier to hit a button let car warm up and windows defrost and drive off. so far i love it and also the range of the remote just unlocking and locking is amazing as well. almost worth it just for that lol.

Proximity
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM

I had remote start on my last car and loved it...too bad my current is a manual :(

My car is manual. I just wired it so it won't start unless the parking break is up.

schackel
02-27-2010, 10:43 PM

get comustar they have manual ones

schackel
02-27-2010, 10:47 PM
question though. i have a auto page remote start/alarm and i am wondering if it will work on my manual. the guy at the audio store in town said no so i was just going to the the alarms working but you guys know of anyway to do it?

Buck
02-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I love mine.

mendon99
02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Many starters now come with manual modes, where you have to go through a procedure before turning off the car if you're planning on auto-starting later.

If you happen to own a Subaru, VW, or Nissan, you can just grab the neutral safety wire, then pretend the car is an auto during install (other than bypassing the clutch). There very well may be other makes that have neutral safety wires, these were just I looked into for friends..