PDA

View Full Version : dc power sent me the wrong **** alternator....uhhhh

MyTrunkSlamz
02-26-2010, 03:35 AM
so ya i remove my old alternator put the new one in its place about to start bolting it in and decide to check the plug and bam! wrong **** plug....so now im going to have to deal with returning and getting the right one, and probaly be out on shipping and also time wasted.

im hoping they will give me a free upgrade to the 230amp for the hassle

has anyone had any probs like this b4?

rival904
02-26-2010, 03:40 AM
call and talk to dave, he will make it right

neverfinished
02-26-2010, 04:15 AM
oh em g'z how is this possible, Isnt DC god!?!!?! why is everyone obsessed with them on these forums lol

inkfx
02-26-2010, 04:21 AM
oh em g'z how is this possible, Isnt DC god!?!!?! why is everyone obsessed with them on these forums lol
Sometimes mix-ups happen. Great customer service is what makes the difference. Personally, I've ordered so much **** online to not really worry about these kinds of things anymore. Also, not everyone runs a DC alt. There are a few other companies to chose from as well. From what I hear, DC makes a good product at a competitive price.

hazardous0388
02-26-2010, 04:31 AM
how loing did you wait for the alt

MyTrunkSlamz
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
i got my alt within a week of ordering lol, i heard others were waiting weeks on end, thats why im scared to ship it back!

i ordered it the 16th and got it tuesday of this week

MyTrunkSlamz
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
UPDATE!

talked to dave today around 10 am, told him my problem and well to find out that i had the 140a stock alt thats the reason why the plug was dif, he said he would get me out a pigtail for it and siad hed send it out monday probaly, 15 minutes later i get an email from fedex saying i have an overnite delivery and it will be here monday!

awesome customer service!!!

power-fanatic07
02-26-2010, 08:58 PM

Read below

UPDATE!

talked to dave today around 10 am, told him my problem and well to find out that i had the 140a stock alt thats the reason why the plug was dif, he said he would get me out a pigtail for it and siad hed send it out monday probaly, 15 minutes later i get an email from fedex saying i have an overnite delivery and it will be here monday!

awesome customer service!!!

Awesome customer service with top of the line products

slim2fattycake
02-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Seriously, I read the first post and knew this wouldn't last. 2nd day shipping across the country is going to make DC go outta business lol. They have great customer service and now they have piggies for all alternators so you don't have to ship alternator back and they would never make you pay shipping back to them if it's their fault. A+ for DC Power.

MyTrunkSlamz
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
yes i was very impressed

cx-7heaven
03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Cust service is important to me, and DC sounds like they are there with it. I will probably be getting mine from them when the time comes for one.

sundownz
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Good job on their part taking care of the customer ! :)

MyTrunkSlamz
03-02-2010, 08:15 PM
yes, i recieved it monday, now i just gotta find time inbetween work and watchin my son to install it lol, saturday im going to start wiring the truck!!! :)