PDA

View Full Version : Cheating the system

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Ok well first off i am new here so plz dont ban me for not posting this in the right place if i didnt. I have a Jensen DIN HU and i broke the volume knob off. I purchased at best buy for $399 plus the 5 year warranty. I know i can just take it back and get a new one. What i want to do is try to get my money back or get a new unit. If i was to return and get a brand new one then take it back WITHOUT RECEIPT and ask for in store credit do u think i would have any trouble or could i tell them i want a different HU. If i sound stupid its cause i am lol any help would be appreciated thx

groundpound4200
02-24-2010, 02:55 AM
lolwut? how are you going to pass this off as a different deck?

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 02:59 AM
no i was just hoping they could scan the box and pull it up the price and issue me the in store credit. Hoping they dont recognize me as the dude who just came in 5 min ago swapping it out lol

TMali
02-24-2010, 02:59 AM
tell them it broke and it wasnt what you were looking for, so ask to exchange it?

hispls
02-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Just offer the kid behind the counter a hit off the big fatty you've been smoking and he'll probably go for it.

Really I'd just ask. Jensen is pretty good about repairing things though so most likely they'll just try to ship it in for repair. Closer to the end of the warranty they'd probably replace it for a newer unit, but probably NOT your choice.

GL

Toone
02-24-2010, 03:04 AM
I work in retail. theyll usually give you the lowest sale price and only allow 1 in a certain time period.

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 03:06 AM
i have the geeksquad warranty and im hoping they will just swap it out if its less than a year old? and around here sharing is caring so he might just hook me up with the new alpine unit. jk lol

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 03:07 AM
its less than half a year old lol i bought it in september i believe (cant remember nothing)

csu87
02-24-2010, 03:11 AM
best buy doesnt take returns without a receipt. i know, i worked there. they need to either have the receipt or if you paid with a best buy card or reward zone card they can look it up, but they need to know the original purchase so that people dont try and scam them ;)

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 03:19 AM
so that thing where they use to give in-store credit if no reciept is not happening anymore?

csu87
02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
not unless they changed their policies since i left, but i doubt it. people always tried to do this kind of stuff

inkfx
02-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Go over there and see what the deal is. Nobody here will be able to tell you for sure what your LOCAL store policy/feelings of current employee is. If you want in-store credit I'm sure they will work something out. As long as you are still buying from them, they are happy. Now if you wanted a full cash refund, they would most likely come back with a few choice words.

Bumpin' Goalie
02-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Could you swap it out for a new one at your normal bestbuy. then go to another bestbuy with the BNIB one and ask for a credit?

who knows. trial and error will be the only way. I'd try to talk with them and see if theyll go for it there. If not, get the new replacement and try another best buy with it.

9515ROB
02-24-2010, 04:24 AM
that wont work the will have geek squad fix it i have tried it b 4 the only way u can get past geek squad is to fry it by hooking up a battery to a battery charge on the highest charge and hook n up the deck to it and turn n it on and it will fry it

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I talked to the car audio representative and he said just bring it back in the box and they can swap it out for a new one with my reciept. Today i think i will try mys scheme whats the worst that can happen right?

snoopdan
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I talked to the car audio representative and he said just bring it back in the box and they can swap it out for a new one with my reciept. Today i think i will try mys scheme whats the worst that can happen right?

if you're lucky they'll take you out to the install bay and work you over for an hour or two.

Bumpin' Goalie
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Hope you find your receipt :)

505bumpNdaTRUNK
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
well i have the reciept i just want a cheaper deck so i can get maybe some good components or something too. And im pretty sure they all smoke weed cuz the whole audio section smelled like bud. (maybe that was me:smokin:)