View Full Version : Replacement Tweeters

02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
What do I need to look for when replacing a set of tweeters from a component set. I have Crystal sscs6 components which are rated at 100/200 are 4 ohm and came with titanium tweeters. Well one of them is blown so I am looking to replace them.

Can I replace them with silk tweets or do I have to stay with titanium? Will any tweeter work with the crystal xover? I'm assuming I need it to be a 4 ohm tweeter as well since that is what the original was?

02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
You'd want to know where your crossover is crossing over to the tweeter. Find a tweeter that matches the impedance of the oriinal tweeter and can play down as low as the crossover is going to let it. That's what I'd do at least.

02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
hmm...I have no idea what freq that would be. I looked at my box yesterday that they came in and I don't have any kind of spec sheet or anything. Their website isn't much help either.

02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
You can try and contact the manufacturer, or if you're good at crossover design, figure it out based on the values of the capacitors and inductors that are in there. I would doubt that there would be a Zobel network in there to make it extremely difficult. Lastly, you could just measure the impedance of your tweeters and match that and just don't overpower the new ones.