PDA

View Full Version : Alarms

katieQTP
12-29-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm looking for an alarm to put in my car... its a 2000 2dr Grand Am. I don't know if that makes any difference. I really don't know anything about it. I also would like remote start up and keyless entry. Any suggestions? Please keep in mind I want good stuff but I'm just a student. thanks. -Katie

ss3079
12-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Katie,

What is your budget ? Are you looking for any other features than the ones you listed specifically ?

Check out http://directed.com/security/default.asp and see if there is anything that catches your eye.

- Steve

katieQTP
12-30-2003, 10:55 PM
I would like to have the 2 way paging thing, but other than that just the things I listed above. I'm not going to be heartbroken if I can't get the paging system. I don't have to have the remote start either but it would be nice if it didn't make too much of a price difference in the end. I'm not too sure on the budget at this point in time if I find one I really like that fits what I'm looking for I'll just wait till I find a good deal on it. I'm just need one in before I move away in the fall. So right now suggestions in all price ranges is great.

Thanks for the help!

-Katie

jer_stud56
12-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Well, being a grand am fan for the longest time, I suggest going over to www.grandamgt.com/forum , signing up, and asking their security section about what they've tried and suggest to use for the alarm, 2 way, and remote startup. If they can't help you (which I'm sure they can) just come back here and I'll help ya out.
Come back more often too, you're probably the only girl on this forum that actually posts.

- pe@ce

yz_gt69
01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
hey if you get one that pages, try the compu star, and also no matter wut u get, make sure it's an fm frequency. that way the alarm will reach you inside malls and soforth. am doesnt do as well

crhye250r
01-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Keep in mind your car will need an immobilizer by-pass for the remote start, if i am not mistaken, you will need a DEI 555L bypass, which will run ya about 50 extra bucks at most shops.

pheat3980
01-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Compustar is a great alarm I have one and havent had any problems with it.