PDA

View Full Version : HDC312's port through rear deck....

k_schutte
02-19-2010, 07:19 PM
OK, the time has come again to switch up my setup... sold the SPL-15/TeamPSI and got a pair of HDC312's on the way. Each sub will be getting about 1Kw rms. I think this will be the setup that I finally commit and hack a giant hole in the rear deck of the Cadillac and bring the port through said giant hole!

To people who have done this. Where you happy with the results? did you see any real gains on the meter? I am going to be facing the subs rearward and bringing the port straight up through the deck of course. I was thinking right around 5ft^3 net air space with 84sq.in.~ of port area and a tuning around 36hz-38hz...

k_schutte
02-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Come on bastards! I know someone has to have some input here!!!

schackel
02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
should be sick. i was going to do this then it did not work out. the logistics of it that is

k_schutte
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
bump...

Andrew12
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Would you have room to face the subs towards the cabin and seal it off? That way you're getting the airflow from the deck and the subs will be sealed pushing into the cabin as well.

power-fanatic07
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Would you have room to face the subs towards the cabin and seal it off? That way you're getting the airflow from the deck and the subs will be sealed pushing into the cabin as well.

Obviously you haven't any knowledge on cadillac's. Their seats don't fold down and they have like a metal plate or some **** behind the seat.

To the OP, should sound pretty good although the hdc3's can take alot more power than 1k.

mobeious
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Obviously you haven't any knowledge on cadillac's. Their seats don't fold down and they have like a metal plate or some **** behind the seat.

To the OP, should sound pretty good although the hdc3's can take alot more power than 1k.

not all cadilliacs

k_schutte
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
My cadillac doesn't have the metal wall, it did have a big plastic piece that went all the way across and held some computers and a fuse panel but I took it out and just zip-tied the stuff to the metal cross frames that go across the seat back. I actually gained like .3db just doing by removing that. I will probably be getting one of those and putting it back in now though since I am porting through the rear deck. As for them taking more power, I know, I ran 4K daily to my HDC315 for months and while it got warm a couple times it never smoked or anything. I will probably get some more power sooner or later, I'd like to have 2Kw~ rms going to each. I have a Fusion 2500 I am going t be using. I might just pick up another one and run a single 2500 to each sub wired at .5ohm.

Just that for electrical right now I only have a single run of 1/0 (older MONSTER cable, it is actually more like 2/0), Big3 done in 2/0, a 300A alt with a smaller pulley, and a pair of C&D Dynasty 93ah batts (350-MR)... I know the max draw on the Fusion is pretty low (like what 220A or so) but still not sure what if my electrical could handle that... and I don't want to do another run of power cable so... I was checking out that blown Fusion FCA4000D but the guy hasn't posted pics or answered my questions yet so...

on1wheel01
02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I didnt aim the port at the deck port but I did custom build one. I did that and a new build all at the same time. So not sure what it did as far as how much louder but i know it helped a ton. Hell it was a pretty bigg diff when I took out the rear 6x9's so this is a huge diff.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/grnreaper01/Sundown%20build/sundownbuilds2.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/grnreaper01/Sundown%20build/sundownbuilds12.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/grnreaper01/Sundown%20build/sundownbuilds11.jpg

k_schutte
02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
NICE!!!

I am picking up more power to so... I will have about 4K rms @ 1ohm to work with now...