PDA

View Full Version : Down fire pros & cons

ricktcole
02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
What are the pros & cons of a down fire enclosure?
Do the need to be ported or can they be sealed?

TMali
02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
con, cant see sub

RAM_Designs
02-18-2010, 01:31 AM
They can be sealed also...no real performance cons to speak of. If anything, the floor would work sort of like a loading wall and help stabilize the cone during times of high excursion.

GI JOEY
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Most truck guys like to go downfired. As stated above the sub has preasure against it to help over excursion. It tends to et louder. But the floor vibrates alot more than it would if you fired them another direction. I like seeing my subs. You can port them seal tem banpass them whatever you want as long as it will fit.

snoopdan
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Most truck guys like to go downfired. As stated above the sub has preasure against it to help over excursion. It tends to et louder. But the floor vibrates alot more than it would if you fired them another direction. I like seeing my subs. You can port them seal tem banpass them whatever you want as long as it will fit.

if you're going for competition level spl that is a :nono:

GI JOEY
02-18-2010, 10:04 AM
if you're going for competition level spl that is a :nono:

I assume he is just looking for a DD setup. I guess I should say id gets louder as a DD setup sealed vs front firing them sealed. If he is asking about this I figure he isnt an SPL guy.