PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with a box?

its_ray_ray
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
can anyone help me with a ported box for 3 of these given these parameters? i have never been good with these numbers. or if someone can give me step by step on how to use these numbers or something. thanks in advance.

10"
single 4ohm coil
200w rms (underrated)
Fs 36.1hz
Eff. 1w/1m 85.2dB
Re 3.2ohms
Vas 36.2 liters
1 way xmax 15mm
Qes .79
Qms 8.39
Qts .72

psych0ticnemes1
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
The info that will help you most when designing an enclosure is going to be recommended size and type (sealed or ported). This info should be available straight from the manufacturer. Once you have that info, you can go from there.

O.G. D-Wet
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
there should be some computer programs out there (shouldnt cost too much) that u can install and plug those numbers right in and figure it all out from there. i think u can choose between ported, sealed, bandpass, clamshell, etc... you can plug in different frequencies to see what frequency works best for you and your application.

its_ray_ray
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
i have bassbox 6 pro and also WINisd and have no clue what to do once i get in the specs of the sub. do i just put in parameters and then set the box size to what is required and what i want it tuned to and go from there? or what do i do? can anyone help or tell me if i'm doing anything right?

O.G. D-Wet
02-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Yea, just play with different box sizes and frequencies til u get what you're looking for. I built a box in highschool with the same program for 2 Fi BL 18s, tuned it to 33hz and it shook the hell outta my 2dr Cherokee lol