PDA

View Full Version : kenwood or sony?

KBCnick
02-16-2010, 11:38 PM
so as for a headunit, should i get

Kenwood KDC-MP442U (kdcmp442u) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17270_Kenwood+KDC-MP442U.html)
or
Sony CDX-GT640UI (cdxgt640ui) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20506_Sony+CDX-GT640UI.html)

ricktcole
02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Kenwood i have a kenwood KDC-X493 i'm pretty happy with it. I had a sony a couple of years ago it was ok but My opinion is kenwood over sony

1hawaii50
02-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Kenwood > Sony all day long.

CarAudioNewbie9
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Get a Kenwood 693. 25 bucks more and much much better CD player.

I Like Waffle
02-19-2010, 10:05 PM
sony subs/amps > kenwood subs and amps IMO.

Kenwood is **** now a days it seems, the black sony xplods are decent subs for the price, and the amps for the most part do good power and seem to be reliable. Kenwood is actually more overrated than sony now. Kenwood only makes one sub in a 10 and 12" version, nothing bigger. Atleast sony sells theirs up to 15"s. lol.

I think kenwood is going down, they still make some OK decks though. Im sure their door speakers are better than sony too.

KBCnick
02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
sony subs/amps > kenwood subs and amps IMO.

Kenwood is **** now a days it seems, the black sony xplods are decent subs for the price, and the amps for the most part do good power and seem to be reliable. Kenwood is actually more overrated than sony now. Kenwood only makes one sub in a 10 and 12" version, nothing bigger. Atleast sony sells theirs up to 15"s. lol.

I think kenwood is going down, they still make some OK decks though. Im sure their door speakers are better than sony too.
because the size of sub a company makes totally decides their quality....

1hawaii50
02-19-2010, 10:46 PM
because the size of sub a company makes totally decides their quality....

I was thinking the same thing. By the way, Crutchfield lists Kenwood subs in 8", 10", and 12"...not that this makes them an inferior company. When I think "higher" end subs/amps/speakers, I think of brands like Focal, Morel, HAT, Sundown, Hertz, etc...NOT Sony OR Kenwood. I think for the money that Sony and Kenwood are OK for speakers/amps...better than OEM, but there are much better pieces out there if you want to spend some money. I just got my X993 installed, and I have to say...the Ipod controller ROCKS!