PDA

View Full Version : need help with weird problem with cd player

dracul
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
my gf has a jvc cd player that we got out of a parts car we bought, and i put it in about 2 weeks ago and it was working great until last night..

basically what is happening is, it will not play anything at all and the screen and all of the lights are totally off. but here is what gets me, if you hit the eject cd button the display will turn blue and it will say eject and try to eject the cd then go back off, and if you hit the clock button it will briefly show the time.. but no other buttons will do anything.

any ideas what the problem could be? shouldnt matter but its on a 2000 blazer, i'm far from a newbie at installing stereo equip so i know the install isnt the issue.. just tryin to get some feedback before i rip into it since it isnt exactly warm outside..

my two guesses are either the back fuse blew (wishful thinking) or the cdplayer just took a crap on us..

any help is appreciated cause as i'm sure most of you can imagine, gf driving around with no music is never a good thing for me lol

YoungBloodM50
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Well you probrably know more than I do, but I want to give my two cents. I highly doubt it is the fuse. If the fuse is blown that would mean that nothing would turn on. I work in cable and if a fuse blows in an amplifier outside the nothing down the line will work. So, if your getting intermittent power then It can't be the fuse. But obviously you can look at it, I would even go as far as testing it with a DMM.

As far as ideas of what could be wrong, I'm sorry I can't be more help. But it sounds like it's done.

daboyfrumdabx
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Are you sure the switched power source is good? Sound like it's getting constant power but thinks it's off because the switched power isn't telling it to turn on(i know most decks will eject and display time while being off) Just to check, connect the red wire to the yellow and see if it works, if so your switched power is bad.

ahole-ic
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Are you sure the switched power source is good? Sound like it's getting constant power but thinks it's off because the switched power isn't telling it to turn on(i know most decks will eject and display time while being off) Just to check, connect the red wire to the yellow and see if it works, if so your switched power is bad.

Good call. I was thinking the same thing. This is the red wire on the back of the HU in case you weren't sure OP.