PDA

View Full Version : hertz vs image dynamics 6.5's

robertoyoung08
02-13-2010, 04:56 AM
im looking to upgrade my components.
i got diamond d6's but im not too happy with the midbass. i dont have too much of it and it gets muddy at higher volumes.
so im looking to upgrade, for some with a good natural sound and really good midbass.

im thinking some hertz or id's?
not looking to spend a whole lot, but still want some good decent sound for an okay price.
any suggestions? i dont have too much expereience with speakers, so opinions would help!

galacticmonkey
02-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Im selling a set of HSK 165s. New style. Good condition, lightly used. Looking for $280 shipped.

kevin lu
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Im selling a set of HSK 165s. New style. Good condition, lightly used. Looking for $280 shipped.

any pics?

Sir-Lancelot
02-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Have you done anything to your doors? Deadening? Sealed?
Your install will have a big say so in mid bass response.

robertoyoung08
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Have you done anything to your doors? Deadening? Sealed?
Your install will have a big say so in mid bass response.

no i dont have any deadning in doors. i was thinking that could be a big reason for it also. but i had also heard that diamonds lack mid bass. so i assumed it was the speakers.

kevin lu
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
If you can get a set of HSK165 for $250 go for it, they are better than JL XR for sure.

Sir-Lancelot
02-13-2010, 02:51 PM
no i don't have any deadening in doors. i was thinking that could be a big reason for it also. but i had also heard that diamonds lack mid bass. so i assumed it was the speakers.

Put some time and money in your sealing/deadening your doors. Search around for ideas or read the sticky thread above about it and do as much of it as you can. Truth is, if you put new speakers in there without it you will be in the same boat so you will have to do it eventually if you want mid bass. I would start there and then if you want to change speakers do it, but you may like it well enough to save the money for something else.

Another thing you can try is wire the driver mid out of phase. + to -. That can help too.

Bumpin' Goalie
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes. Sealing all the holes in the door and deadening it will be a rather drastic improvement.

Do it regardless.

If you still are looking for speakers, the Hertz are quite nice. And i might have some Focal Polyglass 165VB up for grabs.

GL.

robertoyoung08
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes. Sealing all the holes in the door and deadening it will be a rather drastic improvement.

Do it regardless.

If you still are looking for speakers, the Hertz are quite nice. And i might have some Focal Polyglass 165VB up for grabs.

GL.

alright cool. guess my next thing in line is sealing up the doors with deadning.
how much you selling the focals for?

robertoyoung08
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM

pics or thread?
interested