PDA

View Full Version : 2 JL 12w6v2's SEALED

zlibby76
02-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I've searched the forum for SEALED box recommedations and so far, I've learned that a 2.75 ^ may be the best.

Does anyone have any FIRSTHAND experience with SEALED boxes for the 12w6's? If so, what's THE BEST size to build a box for TWOof these subs?

35" wide, 16" high and 15" deep, is as big as I could go.

I'll be using 1" MDF.

Thanks guys.

Z

Immociide
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
That seems a little big for this sub. Jl recommends 1.25 sealed and 1.5 ported.

I have one in the recommended 1.25 sealed and it pounds for what it is not to mention the sq isnt all that bad either. Also you will NOT need 1" mdf it would be a waste of money. A well built 3/4 box would be just fine. These subs just are not powerful enough to warrant anything bigger than 3/4.

Also is this for a sealed or ported box?

misfit138
02-12-2010, 10:31 PM
That seems a little big for this sub. Jl recommends 1.25 sealed and 1.5 ported.

I have one in the recommended 1.25 sealed and it pounds for what it is not to mention the sq isnt all that bad either. Also you will NOT need 1" mdf it would be a waste of money. A well built 3/4 box would be just fine. These subs just are not powerful enough to warrant anything bigger than 3/4.

Also is this for a sealed or ported box?

Wow. This is just an insanely informative and well rounded post...on many different levels. Thank you, kind sir, for raising the bar for the rest of us...

Immociide
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
haha i know i just f'ed up. Sorry about that. I just skimmed over the post and when i refreshed the page i realized my mistakes. Not to mention your post misfit helped.

Anyways yhea that size of box will be just fine. My opinion still goes on the wood thickness tho.

misfit138
02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
haha i know i just f'ed up. Sorry about that. I just skimmed over the post and when i refreshed the page i realized my mistakes. Not to mention your post misfit helped.

Anyways yhea that size of box will be just fine. My opinion still goes on the wood thickness tho.

Click the "Thanks" button. :)