PDA

View Full Version : who in here actually owns or has listened to HAT?

death metal
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
even though i can't stand scott buwalda, i'm gonna give an unbiased review of his L6 component system. gonna run this active with a zuki 6 channel. bridge 4 channels for the mids and use the last two channels for the tweeters. also gonna go with his pro series tweets. this is gonna cost me over $800.

i can't possibly keep bashing the man if i don't give him a chance to prove me wrong. if it's all that, i will praise him. if not... i will continue to bash the hell out of him.

power-fanatic07
02-12-2010, 08:39 PM
cool

misfit138
02-12-2010, 08:45 PM
OP, get off the dude's nuts...

bubbagumper6
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Your going to spend $800 just to prove a guy wrong?

...what?

peterweiner
02-12-2010, 08:50 PM
cliffs?

DBBOOM
02-12-2010, 08:52 PM
cliffs?

Op should find some....................................and jump.

death metal
02-12-2010, 08:53 PM

...what?

yep... and i can easily sell them off if i dont like them. people ride on scott's nutts pretty hard. couldn't imagine me not being able to sell them if i dont want them

misfit138
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM

...what?

Yeah. OP buying some expensive speakers with the intentions of talking **** about them is a fool proof plan. I'm sure the owner of Hybrid Audio Technologies is totally worried about the opinion of one insignificant forum poster too. OP is definitely taking stupid to a whole new level...

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 08:56 PM
lol @ zuki amps

peterweiner
02-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Op should find some....................................and jump.

fair enough. onto the next thread.

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
lol @ zuki amps

what... they ****? a buddy of mine has a 4ch thats collecting dust. he never installed.

DBBOOM
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Suki?

http://www.agirlsworld.com/rachel/hangin-with/pix/devonaoki1.jpg

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
what... they ****? a buddy of mine has a 4ch thats collecting dust. he never installed.

No. They're fine amps. People were just making them out to be the second coming of christ.

twistedchild420
02-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah. OP buying some expensive speakers with the intentions of talking **** about them is a fool proof plan. I'm sure the owner of Hybrid Audio Technologies is totally worried about the opinion of one insignificant forum poster too. OP is definitely taking stupid to a whole new level...

Careful OP will fly to your house and **** you up for talking **** online :fyi:

death metal
No. They're fine amps. People were just making them out to be the second coming of christ.

cool... i was just looking for a 6 ch. that could play all channels for the front stage. i would never use a 6 ch. to power my front stage and subs all in one. got any suggestions for a 6ch. that can do that and not cost you out the arse?

bubbagumper6

Sounds about right

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Careful OP will fly to your house and **** you up for talking **** online :fyi:

I can't get worried about it. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:14 PM

and i thought you were my buddy :(

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:16 PM
and i thought you were my buddy :(

Just calling it like I see it, man...

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Just calling it like I see it, man...

doesn't sound too stupid to me to give the manai chance to prove his worth... i'm a musician with a fine tuned ear. i know what music is supposed to sound like. considering the amount of years i've been involved with home and car audio... i think my opinion is appreciated. even if i'm an assshole.

James Bang
02-12-2010, 09:20 PM
install

They're not bad, but i surely wouldn't pay those prices. Same for zuki... i'd stay away from the eleets.

bubbagumper6
doesn't sound too stupid to me to give the manai chance to prove his worth... i'm a musician with a fine tuned ear. i know what music is supposed to sound like. considering the amount of years i've been involved with home and car audio... i think my opinion is appreciated. even if i'm an assshole.

You would think that...but you would be wrong

Eugenics
cool... i was just looking for a 6 ch. that could play all channels for the front stage. i would never use a 6 ch. to power my front stage and subs all in one. got any suggestions for a 6ch. that can do that and not cost you out the arse?

No, having 6 channels is a matter of convenience, and for that you generally pay extra. Just like you would for any other feature.

I picked up a couple of these to bridge for my front stage..
Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 Car Amp: items on eBay.com (http://catalog.ebay.com/Cerwin-Vega-EXL400-4-Car-Amp-/62443998)

After i buy a new vehicle i'll get some JL HDs, but those will do the trick for now and should sound every bit as magical as a Zuki.

I'd do that, and get an additional monoblock. Another option, however, would be to get an amp like a big belle, bridge the full range channels and get a seperate amp for mid or tweet duty.

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Itll be nice to have the HDs, 400watts per channel bridged.

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:24 PM
doesn't sound too stupid to me to give the manai chance to prove his worth...

Nobody cares. And what's a manai?

i'm a musician with a fine tuned ear. i know what music is supposed to sound like.

You're a musician? Really? What band do you play in?

considering the amount of years i've been involved with home and car audio... i think my opinion is appreciated. even if i'm an assshole.

Negative.

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:26 PM
No, having 6 channels is a matter of convenience, and for that you generally pay extra. Just like you would for any other feature.

I picked up a couple of these to bridge for my front stage..
Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 Car Amp: items on eBay.com (http://catalog.ebay.com/Cerwin-Vega-EXL400-4-Car-Amp-/62443998)

After i buy a new vehicle i'll get some JL HDs, but those will do the trick for now and should sound every bit as magical as a Zuki.

I'd do that, and get an additional monoblock. Another option, however, would be to get an amp like a big belle, bridge the full range channels and get a seperate amp for mid or tweet duty.

what about this amp line? i heard these sound pretty good and do the rated power.

MB Quart DSC 2150 600W RMS, Class A/B 2-Channel Discus Series Amplifier :: Car Audio Deals (http://www.caraudiodeals.com/mb-quart-dsc2150-p-2253.html)

and i dont understand what you mean about running the full range channels and getting a seperate amp for mid or tweet dudty.

James Bang
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
no comprende`

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
what about this amp line? i heard these sound pretty good and do the rated power.

MB Quart DSC 2150 600W RMS, Class A/B 2-Channel Discus Series Amplifier :: Car Audio Deals (http://www.caraudiodeals.com/mb-quart-dsc2150-p-2253.html)

and i dont understand what you mean about running the full range channels and getting a seperate amp for mid or tweet dudty.

the bell is a 5 channel. 4x65w (iirc) and 1x1100(its been a while). you could bridge the fullrange channels, send them to the woofers or w/e, use the sub channel for the sub, and get another amp.. if you're dead set on having less amps. or a powerful 4way and a monoblock.. plenty of options.

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Nobody cares. And what's a manai?

You're a musician? Really? What band do you play in?

Negative.

nothing now... used to play guitar in daath and drums for demoncy. i hate vans now. still love hotels and absinthe

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 09:30 PM
im sure that mb would be fine. but for my money id get the CVs. more headroom and its a proven design. it was good enough for arc, anyway.

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
im sure that mb would be fine. but for my money id get the CVs. more headroom and its a proven design. it was good enough for arc, anyway.

boy... arc would be pissed hearing you say that :)

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:34 PM
nothing now... used to play guitar in daath and drums for demoncy. i hate vans now. still love hotels and absinthe

Your posts keep getting worse. :fyi:

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:35 PM
boy... arc would be pissed hearing you say that :)

The Cerwin Vega amp he's talking about was designed by Robert Zeff....the same Zeff that designed the Arc SE series. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Your posts keep getting worse. :fyi:

you dont like those bands?

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
you dont like those bands?
Never heard of them

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Never heard of them

YouTube - DAATH - Day Of Endless Light (OFFICIAL VIDEO) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_aQwQUs2M)

YouTube - DEMONCY - The Obsidian Age of Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6k3JePYvDk)

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
YouTube - DAATH - Day Of Endless Light (OFFICIAL VIDEO) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_aQwQUs2M)

YouTube - DEMONCY - The Obsidian Age of Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6k3JePYvDk)

I've heard worse. I prefer the old stuff with ****** production values. Mayhem in particular...

Horsemanwill
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
even though i can't stand scott buwalda, i'm gonna give an unbiased review of his L6 component system. gonna run this active with a zuki 6 channel. bridge 4 channels for the mids and use the last two channels for the tweeters. also gonna go with his pro series tweets. this is gonna cost me over $800.

i can't possibly keep bashing the man if i don't give him a chance to prove me wrong. if it's all that, i will praise him. if not... i will continue to bash the hell out of him.

there's no way you can give an unbiased review if you already hate scott. that's not possible. that's like a KKK person being on the jury for a black man's trial. he'll still say hang him. as for a 6 ch annel have u checked out Zed's new one?

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I've heard worse. I prefer the old stuff with ****** production values. Mayhem in particular...

and berzum...

YouTube - Burzum - Dunkelheit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFCBdS5PAs)

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
there's no way you can give an unbiased review if you already hate scott. that's not possible. that's like a KKK person being on the jury for a black man's trial. he'll still say hang him. as for a 6 ch annel have u checked out Zed's new one?

just like you can't give credit and praise to a college football that you absolutely hate? or refuse to accept there's a higher power even if god sends you an angel every night to **** your ****? i give credit where credit is due.

misfit138
02-12-2010, 10:03 PM
and berzum...

YouTube - Burzum - Dunkelheit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFCBdS5PAs)

Burzum is okay. I still prefer Mayhem.

Varg Vikernes was released from prison and there's a new Burzum album coming in March. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Burzum is okay. I still prefer Mayhem.

Varg Vikernes was released from prison and there's a new Burzum album coming in March. :fyi:

yeah, i heard about that. imagine what kind of time he would've gotten if he was in the U.S.

i can't believe he's getting out... more church burnings and the killing of jews to come

misfit138
02-12-2010, 10:12 PM
yeah, i heard about that. imagine what kind of time he would've gotten if he was in the U.S.

i can't believe he's getting out... more church burnings and the killing of jews to come

Dude's nuts. Reading his account of how Euronymous' death took place was hilarious. Varg actually tried to claim self defense because Euronymous kicked him. Yup, dude was in nothing but underwear and running for his life when he was stabbed in the head. Sounds justified to me. :)

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Dude's nuts. Reading his account of how Euronymous' death took place was hilarious. Varg actually tried to claim self defense because Euronymous kicked him. Yup, dude was in nothing but underwear and running for his life when he was stabbed in the head. Sounds justified to me. :)

you hear about him getting released from prison for the weekend.... never came back and got caught with guns and platic explosives? in the u.s. he would've spent the rest of his life in prison. the man has to live up to his previous life before prison, if he returns to the scene. i bet their gonna be watching him like a hawk.

misfit138
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
you hear about him getting released from prison for the weekend.... never came back and got caught with guns and platic explosives? in the u.s. he would've spent the rest of his life in prison. the man has to live up to his previous life before prison, if he returns to the scene. i bet their gonna be watching him like a hawk.

He's supposedly living a quiet life on a farm. He's dumb as ****, though. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in prison before the year's out...

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
He's supposedly living a quiet life on a farm. He's dumb as ****, though. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in prison before the year's out...

if he's trying to live a quiet life, i dont see how he could do that if he's recording a new album. especially a black metal album. money or not he cant possibly stay out of trouble if he goes on tour.