PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the bass and treble on a 9887

jfr1122
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I have a new Alpine 9887 w/o imprint. Ive been fiddling with the settings for the last week or so and cant seem to find a way to adjust the bass or treble. Ive read the manual and followed its instructions but the settings dont seem to be there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

kyleorsini
02-12-2010, 05:47 PM
if im not mistakken you cannot adjust "bass/treble" without the imprint kit, once you have set up with the imprint your settings for audio are limited to bass and treble

jfr1122
02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
do you know if theres any way (short of imprint) to improve the sq? the majority of my music is nearly incomprehensible because the treble is really low.

kyleorsini
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
your gonna have to sit in your car and spend time setting xover points on the graphic or parametric eq on the deck. i bought this unit at the end of december, and whne i had to set all my eqs and such i absolutly hated the deck, it will take time, esspecially if your previous deck had a limited amount of eq options. give it some time more people that have better knowledge on this deck will chime in to help

Chrispy
02-12-2010, 10:31 PM
On my 9885 you push in the volume knob. Takes you to a different setting each time you push it and you turn the knob up/down to make the adjustment. I don't know about the 9887. Seems to be quite a bit different between the two.

kyleorsini
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
when you push the knob, there is fader/balance, subwoofer, and defeat.

Chrispy
02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
when you push the knob, there is fader/balance, subwoofer, and defeat.

9885 has treble and bass also. I guess Alpine wants you to get the imprint with the 9887.

kyleorsini
02-12-2010, 11:08 PM
yupp.

jfr1122
02-13-2010, 12:46 PM
yeah im sure they would like that it just seems ridiculous that it doesnt have this basic function

raverx3m
02-13-2010, 08:02 PM
you bought the wrong deck if you want simple.

9887 is the opposite of simple.

if you want bass and treble you should buy cda-9886 it has the bass/ treble controls.

raverx3m
02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
you dont need to fiddle with bass treble constantly when your system is set up.
i had 9833 that has same bass engin pro and i had no problem with bass or treble

if you do have an issue with it then check yor recordings
and MP3 quality, it affects the sound more than your EQ

groundpound4200
02-14-2010, 01:50 PM
The navigation on this HU is not very intuitive but once you figure it out its not so bad. It has a 7 Band graphic EQ or a 5 band parametric EQ. I prefer the Parametric EQ personally. IIRC you press the "A. Sel" button and cycle through the menu options until you get to the audio adjustments

av8ter
02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
your gonna have to sit in your car and spend time setting xover points on the graphic or parametric eq on the deck. i bought this unit at the end of december, and whne i had to set all my eqs and such i absolutly hated the deck, it will take time, esspecially if your previous deck had a limited amount of eq options. give it some time more people that have better knowledge on this deck will chime in to help

One I got my 9887, I was overwhelmed, too. It took a while(alomost two months), but onece I got the hang of the deck I became unstopable. I can not imagine like without this deck lol.

How do those Mach5 mids keep up with you 2 12s? How many mids you running?

Kevin

kyleorsini
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
One I got my 9887, I was overwhelmed, too. It took a while(alomost two months), but onece I got the hang of the deck I became unstopable. I can not imagine like without this deck lol.

How do those Mach5 mids keep up with you 2 12s? How many mids you running?

Kevin

currently im just running JL Audio TR650-CSi Evolution Car Audio Speakers (http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=125)
and i mean i just have the eq settings to something that works, im still learning the deck there ran off the mbq 4125. and they kept up well but that was before i got my sound digital amp and havent had everything hooked up yet,
the m5 mids and seas tweets are in my home waiting to be put in and im confident they will keep up, if not ill get another pair mach 5 is a 20 min drive away from me

1hawaii50
02-17-2010, 12:21 AM
if im not mistakken you cannot adjust "bass/treble" without the imprint kit, once you have set up with the imprint your settings for audio are limited to bass and treble

You are correct, the "simple" bass/treble adjustment functions are "locked out" until you perform the Imprint. You can make adjustments through the EQ though.

av8ter
02-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Wanting just "Bass and treble" is being redundant. The unit has a 5 band EQ for a reason. Why would you try to retard yourself by going back to only two bands of equalization?

nismos14
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Sell it, buy a dual.

OR read the manual and learn the eq, make the adjustments.

Whoever said change the crossover points via the eq, is a moron, you can't change crossover points via an eq.

eharri3
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Take some time, tuning using the crossovers, sub level, and EQ so most of what you play sounds good then use the sublevel to adjust from there. I have a pioneer with a 16 band graphic and no specific bass/treble controls. I found once I took some time and set my EQ and filters right I rarely need to do anything with it other than tweak the sub level from time to time to suit different recordings.

And, to be particular, in my opinion you do have bass and treble controls. That would basically be a 2 band parametric EQ centered around a certain frequency in the lows and a different one in the highs. Now you just have more control over different frequency ranges in those categories.

T3mpest
02-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Wanting just "Bass and treble" is being redundant. The unit has a 5 band EQ for a reason. Why would you try to retard yourself by going back to only two bands of equalization?

this. I don't have this deck but as soon as I heard it has a 7 band eq and people are *****ing over a lack of "bass and treble" functioned I loled.

Bass Addict
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
parametric eq is where its at on this deck.had one installed today and its alot easier to work with than the 9835 lol.5 and 6 on the eq is treble,4 is mids and 1 and 2 are bass i believe.my car came with a RF system.bypassed the amp and put in a cross over for the tweets.this deck really puts out the volume crystal clear.worth every penny.i could care less about the imprint.this deck is plenty good without it.