PDA

View Full Version : young bass fiend...

O.G. D-Wet
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I want to start off by letting everyone know I'm a "n00b" or w/e so please help me out if you can lol. This is my first car audio
forum and my first car audio project... I'm planning to bag a 98-02 Ford Ranger flareside supercab and I want a killer system for
it. I went to school for car audio but my teacher was LITERALLY a coke addict and i learned absolutely nothing. I learned a few
relays and car alarm things but thats about it. Anyways, I need help guys! I'm going with a retro theme for the Ranger so
buckets are coming out and front benchseat is goint in, the rest of the cab is for my subs and amps. I want to steer clear
of "blowthrough" setups so PLEASE don't suggest one lol. This will be my weekend warrior and i want something with decent SQ
that can hit some high DBs when needed. Right now I'm looking at the Boston Acoustic SPG555s... They sound and look great,
are easy to disassemble and reassemble and they can get pretty loud. Maybe 3 of these ported? Maybe something crazy like a
couple custom 10" Nightshades? Idk, I'm open to all ideas and tips! Please help me out if you can!
:crap:

http://www.hobbyserve.com/images/Ford_Ranger/Ford_Ranger_XLT%20017.JPG
not my pic but it shows what kinda room I have to work with behind the front seats

Louisiana_CRX
02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
What is your dog's name :confused:

Maglite
02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Welcome

O.G. D-Wet
02-18-2010, 03:12 PM
lol my dog's name is Hercules but he's not in that picture lol. He's a dobermann ;)