PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Dvh-p5000mp Problem

emmmw
12-28-2003, 07:24 AM
I just installed a Pioneer DVH-P5000MP DVD Receiver. Looks great, easy install, but I keep getting an "Error 02" code when I change DVDs. Any ideas where I went wrong? I did by-pass the parking break wire by grounding it, but I'm not really using the front screen anyway. The first DVD I play each time I get in the car is okay, but when it ends or if I change it... locked up "Error 02".

Help!!!

nosaj070
01-02-2004, 01:37 PM
The disc is either dirty or scratched, or the lens is dirty, get a cdplayer cleaning kid, and check out the dvd and try another one as well.

emmmw
01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the info... especially from another Browns fan! I had already tried the cleaning routine and also had attempted numerous DVDs... everything from DVD-R's copied in two different formats, to brand new original DVDs. I even played with the mounted angle of the player since the instructions said not to exceed 30 degrees. I now have a new player coming as a replacement. Thanks again!

emmmw
01-15-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm just adding this info for anybody that may be concerned or may be contemplating buying this player. I replaced the original unit with another P5000MP and there are no issues at all. The 2nd unit plays wonderfully, looks great on screen, and sounds terrific. Guess I just got a bum unit the first time... now only if my credit card gets refunded. :-0