PDA

View Full Version : help buiding slot ported box

EaC95z28
12-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Slot port building how do i know....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys. im gettin ready to build 2 boxes. i am going to slot port both of them. but i have never built ported boxes before. how do i determijne the port frequency and how do i knjow what length to make it and the widthe of the slot. also if the slot is shorter does it make the width wider or if the width is narrower does it make the port longer? im a lil confused about it. can someone help me understand how to build a slot ported box? i will do some good searching but i figured if i opost here too you guys cane help me out faster. aslo what tuning frequency would it be set at. thanks!

LoneRanger
12-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Slot port building how do i know....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys. im gettin ready to build 2 boxes. i am going to slot port both of them. but i have never built ported boxes before. how do i determijne the port frequency and how do i knjow what length to make it and the widthe of the slot. also if the slot is shorter does it make the width wider or if the width is narrower does it make the port longer? im a lil confused about it. can someone help me understand how to build a slot ported box? i will do some good searching but i figured if i opost here too you guys cane help me out faster. aslo what tuning frequency would it be set at. thanks!

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/spboxnew2.htm

if that doesn't work out for ya, I'll draw em for $10

EaC95z28
12-28-2003, 07:53 PM
thanks man. i think im gettin the hang of it. just have to build it and make my port. alsmost got my dimensions still a work in porgress

Trixter
12-29-2003, 11:43 AM
if that doesn't work out for ya, I'll draw em for $10

$10!!!......to draw a pic!!! Dang, I'd be a rich man by now. More power to ya, man.