PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy HAT online?

Bubblebass
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I can't find any retailers around me or online that sell Hybrid speakers. Help?!?

misfit138
02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, their website is terrible. It seems as if they're going out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to buy their products...

death metal
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
easy... here you go

HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L61-2 PRO COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET (http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/the-97/HAT-Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Detail)

death metal
02-08-2010, 11:50 PM
i wouldn't consider this company. scott doesn't design his projects... only subjects them to testing and request changes. also, their made in china, and he charges made in america rates. to me, no matter how good the gear is... sux

Bubblebass
02-09-2010, 12:34 AM
i wouldn't consider this company. scott doesn't design his projects... only subjects them to testing and request changes. also, their made in china, and he charges made in america rates. to me, no matter how good the gear is... sux

First negative I'd heard about them. Thanks for the inout. It may sway me. I am down to these, ID, Polk MM and Alpine Ref

okiedokie
02-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Hyrbid audio makes so excellent products, but the are pricey.
The IDs are solid, & priced right.
I wouldn't invest in those polk MM.
Alpine do sound solid as well. I wouldn't waste my money on alpine-USA line.
Don't forget to add deadener

death metal
02-09-2010, 03:22 AM
First negative I'd heard about them. Thanks for the inout. It may sway me. I am down to these, ID, Polk MM and Alpine Ref

i just don't think their worth the money. if i was gonna spend that kind of money i would go for scan speak, seas, dynaudio, or morel. all those speakers are not mass produced in china. just my two cents.

also, scott buwalda has been confronted numberous times concerning false specs.

Bubblebass
02-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I notice no ID in there any reason for that?

Villeza1
02-09-2010, 04:19 AM
easy... here you go

HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L61-2 PRO COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET (http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/the-97/HAT-Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Detail)

God, that price is murder.

death metal
02-09-2010, 05:10 AM
I notice no ID in there any reason for that?

id is good... i had the xs65's. speakers will crank and are very detailed. but... their not on the level mentioned above. great speakers though

ramos
02-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Thank you for the misinformation. Couldn't be any farther from the actual truth. The company has some of, if not the best customer service in the business. Scott is very deep into the designing of his drivers from the ground up. :)

ramos
02-09-2010, 08:22 AM
i just don't think their worth the money. if i was gonna spend that kind of money i would go for scan speak, seas, dynaudio, or morel. all those speakers are not mass produced in china. just my two cents.

Where is this information at ? please show me. I'll see if I can get Mr. Buwalda over here to address your concerns. :)

ramos
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
and there is a new affordable line called the imagine series :)

Results for Hybrid Audio Technologies:Imagine ? (http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/the-Hybrid-Audio-Technologies-cln-Imagine-%E2%84%A2/Categories)

bose301s
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
H-Audio is trying to do the same thing as HAT, high bandwidth, low distortion drivers. They are also doing it at reasonable prices unlike HAT and seem to have been getting just as good if not better reviews than HAT, be sure to check them out. H-Audio Inc. USA (http://www.haudioincus.com/)

James Bang
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM

They're*

Scott Buwalda
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Well holy cow!!! It's All for Nothing, part seven. Your M.O. doesn't change, no matter where you go. I can pick out your posts and dialogue from a mile away.

Do you recall this thread? does time and use wear a speaker out? - Page 2 - DIY Mobile Audio (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio-sq-forum/34414-does-time-use-wear-speaker-out-2.html) It was just before you got banned from DIYmobileaudio.com, and after you got banned from elitecaraudio.com and caraudio.com. I see you must have a new IP address to get a new account here, huh? Hey, that's cool, everyone needs a second chance to become a meaningful member of a bulletin board.

Scott

misfit138
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Well holy cow!!! It's All for Nothing, part seven. Your M.O. doesn't change, no matter where you go. I can pick out your posts and dialogue from a mile away.

Do you recall this thread? does time and use wear a speaker out? - Page 2 - DIY Mobile Audio (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio-sq-forum/34414-does-time-use-wear-speaker-out-2.html) It was just before you got banned from DIYmobileaudio.com, and after you got banned from elitecaraudio.com and caraudio.com. I see you must have a new IP address to get a new account here, huh? Hey, that's cool, everyone needs a second chance to become a meaningful member of a bulletin board.

Scott

lulz

Your website does ****, though...

Dak446
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm an idiot

death metal
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Scott

i've never owned any of you're gear or pretended to do so. i've listened to some l4's. very nice speakers, but i don't think their worth the money. and... yes, you have been fronted out on diy for false specs. don't recall the posters. i have no personal problem with you. i do have a problem with you charging made in america prices. that's all...

genxx
02-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Made in America prices. Could you please list speakers made in the US or speakers that are made from US parts only. This should be fun.

Heck even amps made in America or from only US parts would be great to.

Horsemanwill
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
anyone that knows me knows i'm an ID junkie all the way. with that said ID is the way to go :D. BUT Hybrid Audio is an EXCELLENT line. Scott is an excellent guy. and the company has a solid reputation of winning.

with that said ID or HAT you won't go wrong.

12v Electronics Home Page (http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront)

is the only online sales for HAT

misfit138
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
12v Electronics Home Page (http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront)

When I saw the prices I lol'd, then serious'd, and finally lol'd some more...

Brian_smith06
02-09-2010, 09:12 PM
hmm, i run all id speakers but have considered getting my pillars rebuilt so i can run an L3 and a set of L1's

bose301s
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
ID is extremely over rated, would never run their stuff.

exige
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Hybrid makes some of the best speakers around. Highly recommended.

Bubblebass
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM

Why would anyone say that? That is a first.........

Maglite
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
If I get tired of my Focals...HAT would be next on my list.

kevin lu
02-10-2010, 12:46 AM

what model of the Focal do you have?

death metal
02-10-2010, 01:20 AM

mass produced, no factory attending.... chinese made, made in america pricing audio. ultra fail...

T3mpest
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM

what ID gear have you listened to? Everything I've ever messed with was solid gear. Not worth full retail on some of it, but certainly good stuff.

James Bang
02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
what ID gear have you listened to? Everything I've ever messed with was solid gear. Not worth full retail on some of it, but certainly good stuff.

indeed.

nothing wrong with made in china.

my hair looks too good to mess with HAT.

Maglite
02-10-2010, 11:24 PM
what model of the Focal do you have?

I have a set of Focal 165KF run by an ARC KS300.2 amp in my 67 Corvette.

Sound is pretty birght but as I drive a convertible they work well.

6spdcoupe
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Made in America prices. Could you please list speakers made in the US or speakers that are made from US parts only. This should be fun.

Heck even amps made in America or from only US parts would be great to.

Is this a challenge ? Wager involved ? I wanna play. :)

James Bang
02-11-2010, 01:49 AM
The U.S is overrated.

6spdcoupe
02-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Indeed it is.

kevin lu
02-11-2010, 02:02 AM

you make me feel bad, what's better than IDQv.3 in sound quality?

Fatbloke
02-11-2010, 05:26 AM
mass produced, no factory attending.... chinese made, made in america pricing audio. ultra fail...

It would be great to hear something original from you. You've stated that you object to Chinese made with 'made in America pricing' I'd be grateful if you'd be so kind as to elaborate. When you say Mass Produced, do you mean that there are hundreds of thousands of HAT speakers available or that the speakers are part of a mass production line, with a selection branded to HAT? If the latter is the case, you'll not get a factory visit as there's obviously no factory.

Just as a thought: Could it not be possible to get an outsourced company to build speakers to very exacting standard anywhere in the world that would match or beat the standards of production in the US? Would it not, then, be fair to price the speakers according not to the location of production but to the standards of quality control that they go through both in production and post production?

Whilst I'm thinking, Would something manufactured in the UK deserve to be priced lower than US built products?

Lakota
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow. A ton of misunderstanding is going on in here.

Maglite
02-11-2010, 05:19 PM
you make me feel bad, what's better than IDQv.3 in sound quality?

According to my ears....nothing.

death metal
02-12-2010, 02:43 AM
It would be great to hear something original from you. You've stated that you object to Chinese made with 'made in America pricing' I'd be grateful if you'd be so kind as to elaborate. When you say Mass Produced, do you mean that there are hundreds of thousands of HAT speakers available or that the speakers are part of a mass production line, with a selection branded to HAT? If the latter is the case, you'll not get a factory visit as there's obviously no factory.

Just as a thought: Could it not be possible to get an outsourced company to build speakers to very exacting standard anywhere in the world that would match or beat the standards of production in the US? Would it not, then, be fair to price the speakers according not to the location of production but to the standards of quality control that they go through both in production and post production?

Whilst I'm thinking, Would something manufactured in the UK deserve to be priced lower than US built products?

hat and id is made in china... scott could learn a thing or two from id. just about every sq nutt on the board belive scott charges too much. i could justify his pricing if his higher end gear was made in america and the the more affordable line made in china. both are made in china. fail....

misfit138
02-12-2010, 02:56 AM
i could justify his pricing if his higher end gear was made in america and the the more affordable line made in china. both are made in china. fail....

Nothing's made in the USA. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Nothing's made in the USA. :fyi:

fi audio, and tru?

morel, scan speak, seas, audison, hertz, and dynaudio are made in their home countries. not saying american made is the best. by far it is isn't. but the build quality is a lot better than china. seas, to me... has better build quality, sound better, and cost less than HAT. guess what? their not made in china!

death metal
02-12-2010, 03:39 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/candyhun/L6-3.gif

HAT L6 $459.99 (made in china)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/candyhun/seas_lotus_rw_165_1_l0017_04s.jpg

Seas Lotus Reference Woofer RW165 $275.00 (made in norway)

you think the l6 sounds better than the lotus? each ear is different. you might think it does. just like some of you think the pg rsd's sound good. well, they don't. seas has a much better reputation than HAT and none of their gear is made in china. how in the hell does the L6 cost more than lotus? because people are stupid enough to pay for it. scott buwalda bult it... it's gotta be good. not saying hat sux... i'll say it again and again... don't charge american rates for made in china.

scott, are you reading this?

death metal
02-12-2010, 03:47 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/candyhun/W18EX-001.jpg

SEAS Excel W18EX-001 $199 a piece... total- $398.00

cheaper than the L6, not made in china, and sounds alot better. why even consider HAT? cost more, build quality isn't as good as seas, but close...

HAT= not worth it, over-rated, made in china....

Fatbloke
02-12-2010, 07:11 AM
hat and id is made in china... scott could learn a thing or two from id. just about every sq nutt on the board belive scott charges too much. i could justify his pricing if his higher end gear was made in america and the the more affordable line made in china. both are made in china. fail....

Congratulations. You have managed to do no more than repeat the diatribe you've been sprouting previously. I've asked nicely, are you capable of actually answering my questions?

I'm taking the view that you have formed an opinion based entirely on selective reading of various threads throughout the internet (and we all know that there are ony truths on the internet). You have taken on board every part of any thread where someone has said something that supports your misguided judgement and you instantly and totally ignore the thousands of posts that support the quality of Scott's products.

Finally, a challenge.

Listen to the speakers, not the keyboard warrior opinions on some minor forum. Establish your own opinion based on what you hear, if you still feel that the products are over priced and of low quality, then feel free to post. If, however, you intend to continue this clueless persecution of a brand, giving advice to people who don't know of your total bias, do yourself a favour. Get education on how to type in clear and understandable English, it'd be a shame if you accidently said something that, because of the lack of proper grammar, was easily misinterpreted into being liabelous against either Scott, HAT or a forum you are on.

I don't know you and, to be honest, am grateful I'm never likely to either but it is becoming obvious that you have a clear hatred of everything Scott does. Maybe this is based on jealousy, after all, it takes some doing to win as many championships has he has, then to design and get built a series of speakers that in turn takes more World Titles than any other speaker manufacturer.

misfit138
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I had diarrhea this morning. I was on the toilet for 20 minutes.

True story...

James Bang
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Death metal must hate all speakers with neo motors.

Bubblebass
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I had diarrhea this morning. I was on the toilet for 20 minutes.

True story...

And you say "nothing is made in the USA"

ramos
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM

Are you the only amish person with a pc ? You keep preaching american made, american made...... they are about the ony people I know that most everything they have is american made. Only because they made it themselves. Riddle me this batman. What's the difference between a buildhouse in the US, with excellent QC using chinese parts and a buildhouse anywhere else with the same level of QC using the same chinese parts ? :)

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Death metal must hate all speakers with neo motors.

really? last time i checked scott doesn't use neodymium magnets in any of his drivers other than the tweets. big fail for you buddy

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:06 PM
really? last time i checked scott doesn't use neodymium magnets in any of his drivers other than the tweets. big fail for you buddy

This entire thread is one gigantic fail. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:14 PM
This entire thread is one gigantic fail. :fyi:

you=fail

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:15 PM
you=fail

try harder

grimreper912003
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
you=fail

You = Fail :fyi:

misfit138
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM

+1 thanks for you. :fyi:

death metal
02-12-2010, 09:30 PM

i try my best ;)

grimreper912003
02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
i try my best ;)

I dont know if you know this or not, but we capitalize the first letter of a sentance. We also capitalize the letter "I" when speaking about our self. Thanks...failure.

death metal
02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
i dont know if you know this or not, but we capitalize the first letter of a sentance. We also capitalize the letter "i" when speaking about our self. Thanks...failure.

i don't know if you realised that this is the internet, not english 101. I guess you use correct grammar when you text aswell. You=fail

James Bang
02-12-2010, 10:23 PM

you fialeded. you quoted my post, but still did not notice that I did not relate HAT w/ neodymium.

You're worse than I am w/ Second Scat.

Eugenics
02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Plenty of great stuff is made in china... Its all about QC bra

grimreper912003
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
i don't know if you realised that this is the internet, not english 101. I guess you use correct grammar when you text aswell. You=fail

Well see, you may not know this, but the internet is serious business. Ask James Bang, as I am sure he knows also.

James Bang
02-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Way to serious. cereal, esse vato loco cholo.

ramos
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Are you the only amish person with a pc ? You keep preaching american made, american made...... they are about the ony people I know that most everything they have is american made. Only because they made it themselves. Riddle me this batman. What's the difference between a buildhouse in the US, with excellent QC using chinese parts and a buildhouse anywhere else with the same level of QC using the same chinese parts ? :)

ahem, why are you dodging my question ? :)

basebalz13
02-16-2010, 11:48 AM

I wonder why? This is not a SQ board. This is full of SPL nuts (including partly me). SPL nuts are all about whats the cheapest they can get.

IIRC they are hand made in the U.S. Outsourcing 4 or 5 DIFFERENT build houses for various parts to come together to make the L6.

JimJ
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM

And the availability of the right tooling...and the expertise to use it...:)

I still wouldn't buy a Chinese transformer over a British-made Magnequest, or a Chinese triode over a Russian one...but for most other parts, they're fine.

just about every sq nutt on the board belive scott charges too much.

I don't.

I think Feastrex charges too much :D

basebalz13
02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I have tried many Mid-bass speakers now, I started out Dynaudio's, Hertz, Morel, CDT, and not Hybrid... so far my favorite has been the HAT L6.

I just got some ULTRA SS-6's in...cant wait to play wth them :D

James Bang
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
lol @ ultra

power-fanatic07
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I just accidentally the whole thread

basebalz13
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
lol @ ultra

Do you seriously have a problem with every company out there besides the one that you have their left nut in your mouth?

James Bang
02-16-2010, 10:37 PM
i prefer beef curtains

Screnzo
02-17-2010, 10:30 PM

True story. I bought a watch made in China. It's excellent, great build quality, super bang for the buck.
Thats my cool story bro. :fyi:

Maglite
02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh crap, my DeWalt drill is made in Mexico :crap:

I wonder if Mexico or China has better build quality :crazy:

Eugenics
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Oh crap, my DeWalt drill is made in Mexico :crap:

I wonder if Mexico or China has better build quality :crazy:

lulz. the comprable ryobi lithiums > dewalt. most of the dewalts we took apart had balistic plastic gears, ryobis had metal... much much lower product failure rate too. although i'm sure the ryobis dont get put through the same torture that the dewalts do by most people.

DarkScorpion
02-18-2010, 03:08 AM
H-Audio is trying to do the same thing as HAT, high bandwidth, low distortion drivers. They are also doing it at reasonable prices unlike HAT and seem to have been getting just as good if not better reviews than HAT, be sure to check them out. H-Audio Inc. USA (http://www.haudioincus.com/)

I bought myself a set of ebonys a week ago. Build quality is top notch...