PDA

View Full Version : iDA-X305 and Imprint

Terranova
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys I bought the PXA-H100 for my iDA-X305 headunit because I've heard a lot of people say that imprint is really awesome so i figured I'd give it a try. Well after f**king around with it all day today I've decided I'm going to return it. No matter what I did my music sounded distorted everytime. I'm used to using the head units built in cross over and setting it to 160hz but I can't for the life of me get it to do that for both my woofers and my tweeters just my woofers. The tweeters sound like ****! The woofers are decent and the sub is awesome but I can't stand how distorted the tweeters are. I have a set of Rainbow SLC 265.25 NG's coming on Monday, should I hold off till the rainbows get here or scrap it? I just can't get good sound out of my system at all especially compared to how it was before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

raverx3m
02-06-2010, 02:01 AM
tell us all your settings exactly

Terranova
02-06-2010, 07:54 PM
tell us all your settings exactly

Had the microphone placed in the 6 sections it asked for and it turned out better than trying to do it myself. But still the tweeters mostly just with the vocals sounded awful. I don't know exactly what it did.

raverx3m
02-06-2010, 10:08 PM
what did you have before? what unit?

Terranova
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
what did you have before? what unit?

The same deck, iDA-X305

nineball
02-07-2010, 01:31 AM
the auto-tuning is notorious for being terrible. when i had mine i ran it 5 times, using every mic spot it wanted, and it sounded like **** each time. in the end i wasn't happy with the ida line at all (after trying more than one model) and got rid of em all.