PDA

View Full Version : Jl Zr 6.5's or CDT HD-62CF 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's - having a hard time deci

dennit469
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
im in between these 3, i base all my choices on what people have said and personally hearing the 6.5's in a car, my setup would have 2 sets of components preferably of the same brand, the ones i listed in description......all of those are around $425, i've, people have swore about the image dynamics and i believe but the excellent loudness the JL's deliver is what turned me to them, they could work on SQ a little bit but yea... anothe guy says he has 2 of the night shade 18's and those new cdt hd's keep up like a champ and sound amazing while doing it, if i can get the same loudness like DB out of the other brands as the Jl's but with better SQ and/or maybe louder, i would def. go with them, right now i have 2 jl 300/2's to power these sets of components so thats a true and steady 150 watts per pair, input would be great, thanks guys

*let me add that i would need them to keep up with 3 FI q 12's, maybe just 2, it depends on how i like just 2. and not just to keep up with the subs with rap but crisp and hella loud with "rock" (dave matthews, hootie.....etc)

treylittlefield
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Basebalz13 can get u a good deal on those CDT's prob :)

dennit469
02-04-2010, 11:31 PM

haha yea i know, he's the one that suggested them, i think im going with the image dynamics tho, should put a pretty hefty dent in my bank account

Hoodlum007
02-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Go with the ID's you will not be let down i can tell you that. I am using the entry level ID comps and they sound great. I heard the CXS and XS lines and was completely amazed at the quality, too bad cant afford them right now though.

Bubblebass
02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
The ID CTX's are on sale right now on woofers etc for $180.....

basebalz13
02-05-2010, 07:20 PM

Thanks bud :)

haha yea i know, he's the one that suggested them, i think im going with the image dynamics tho, should put a pretty hefty dent in my bank account

:(

death metal
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
id xs65's to me are very midy and bright. not a very good choice if you listen to metal and rock. i thought they lacked in midbass aswell. i know steven and eric at id tell you to run crossover for subs higher to fill in the midbass void. it's a great speaker, but... i think id could've done a little better. also, there's a lot of plastic parts. woofer basket is pretty easy to break. i will say they play loud as hell and stay clean.

redcalimp5
02-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Go with Boston SPZ60's.