PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help with definitions of display types

prosete
01-31-2010, 08:33 AM
What are the differences between segment oel, segment lcd, and full motion oel displays?
Is one considered superior to the other?

Just planning on upgrading a stock unit and have never delved into car audio before.

Thanks for any help in deciding!

raverx3m
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
lol where the hell did you find those definitions

and
you knew was coming..

GOOGLE SEARCH
took me whole 5 minutes to find the difference

input every one of your keywords in google images and you will see the difference

prosete
02-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Always glad to create laughter...

I had already seen lots of pretty images on Pioneer's website (where I learned what they called the 2 display types) on the various model displays. I also had already googled the 5 words, as you suggested, but still have not found the definition of the terms. Just loads of pages of websites that review or sell the equipment (in neither case defining the terms). Even wikipedia (ghast!) hasn't an entry for either term.

I notice you didn't define what the terms mean.

raverx3m
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
segment oel, segment lcd, and full motion oel displays

why do you need definitions

do you know what segment means?
do you know what full motion means?
thats all it is its not something that uncovers the truth about LCD displays,
segment lcd means there are predefined segments that light up like digits on your clock or calculator,
lcd means liquid crystal display
OEL- Organic Electroluminescent
full motion means its animated(dot matrix) like your black and white tv but with blue color

raverx3m
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
id say your next project should be to learn to use internet search to get info you need( and to actually see it)
in this case i didnt know what the definitions were
but after inputing the different types in google and comparing i saw the difference...

prosete
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
id say your next project should be to learn to use internet search to get info you need( and to actually see it)
in this case i didnt know what the definitions were
but after inputing the different types in google and comparing i saw the difference...

Well, so even you learned something new! LOL

New York...age 28...no wonder! Google this!

raverx3m
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
huh? new york?