PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Components

______
01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey guys looking for a good set of 6.5 components I have about 60 bucks to spend and a set of empty doors

I was looking at the soundstream and hifonics but it makes no diff. really Im up for anything. what do you thing

(Sorry "Search" still doesnt work)

Thanks guy

raverx3m
01-31-2010, 12:57 AM
are you buying online or in the store?

Phoenix Gold Ryval V65C (pg-v65c) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9206_Phoenix+Gold+Ryval+V65C.html)
pretty **** good speakers for that price. i listened to them at the store compared to others and i found that they sound pretty sweet.

______
01-31-2010, 10:23 AM
are you buying online or in the store?

Phoenix Gold Ryval V65C (pg-v65c) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9206_Phoenix+Gold+Ryval+V65C.html)
pretty **** good speakers for that price. i listened to them at the store compared to others and i found that they sound pretty sweet.

I'm thinking online b/c I have funds in paypal... I'll take look at those golds

has anyone else had/heard them installed??

Thanks man

______
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Any feedback on the HIFONICS ZXi6.5C Zeus 6.5" comps??

edit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6713_Hifonics+ZXi+6.5C.html

raverx3m
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
i wouldnt personally, you paying 60 bucks for bling bling.

what do you want? bass, mids or crisp highs

grimreper912003
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking online b/c I have funds in paypal... I'll take look at those golds

has anyone else had/heard them installed??

Thanks man

My brother-in-law and I installed a set in his jeep. Non deadened doors and a .5" MDF plate to convert from a 6x9 to a 6.5" and they sound MUCH better then stock. He only has like 20w RMS from a factory amp though.

misfit138
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't the RSD65cs' be a decent option for the OP? I think dealercost still has them for $60...

______
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
i wouldnt personally, you paying 60 bucks for bling bling.

what do you want? bass, mids or crisp highs

I dont see much bling other then the stupid light up *****... Rattle can will put those lights out lol

What I was seeing is they are rated 100rms each side

But Im asking cuz I dont know so someone says they are junk I deff. wont get em

Wouldn't the RSD65cs' be a decent option for the OP? I think dealercost still has them for $60...

Thank you... those seem a bit better on papper then the other ones but what would I be looking at cost ($60 dealer--$75-80 to me?)

Thanks guys... more info is welcome

misfit138
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you... those seem a bit better on papper then the other ones but what would I be looking at cost ($60 dealer--$75-80 to me?)

Dealercost is a website, bro. Phoenix Gold RSD65CS 6.5" 120W Component Speaker System (http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/rsd65cs.aspx)

modskwod
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
I believe he meant they are on sale for 60 bucks at Dealercostcaraudio.com, not 60 bucks actual dealer cost.

Edit, beat me to it lol.

grimreper912003
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I can sell you a set of Powerbass 3XL mids with Xovers for $45 + shipping. Then all you'd need is tweeters. I can actually pick up some tweeters at madisounds (local) before I send them out for a little extra.

texicanz
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Any feedback on the HIFONICS ZXi6.5C Zeus 6.5" comps??

edit: Hifonics ZXi 6.5C (zxi65c) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6713_Hifonics+ZXi+6.5C.html)

I have a set of them and they are worth the price to me and I compared them to my kicker rs6 components and I can't tell no difference in sound quality. They sounded great as my kickers but I upgraded to mb quart discus components with the wide sphere tweeters and they sounded way better than the hifonics and kickers with less power running to them

raverx3m
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
never heard hiphonics personally. but i heard the phoenix gold.

why dont you go to a local store and listen to the speakers you like. pick the best ones you like and i can find you colsest matching for the price and sound you want.

i work at the car audio store and what i do on my downtime is hang around in the demo rooms and listen to different speakers all the time to hear the sound.
so once you go to a store and bring a model of the speakers you like to the forum i help you find matching sound for 60 bucks.

because in reality all 3 speakers sound about same to different people.
thats why i asked if you like bass, mids or crisp highs

subzero
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
I have yet to find a loal store that carried PG or Phonics...

OP, Get the PG. I had a pair of coaxials in my S-10 and they did pretty well off stock deck. I imagine if you get those comp, and nice simple amp they would sound very clean as well. Remember, your only putting up $60, deal with what you got eh...

______
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
never heard hiphonics personally. but i heard the phoenix gold.

why dont you go to a local store and listen to the speakers you like. pick the best ones you like and i can find you colsest matching for the price and sound you want.

i work at the car audio store and what i do on my downtime is hang around in the demo rooms and listen to different speakers all the time to hear the sound.
so once you go to a store and bring a model of the speakers you like to the forum i help you find matching sound for 60 bucks.

because in reality all 3 speakers sound about same to different people.
thats why i asked if you like bass, mids or crisp highs

I'm looking for good mid range out them...

Thanks

______
02-07-2010, 06:41 PM
So after looking on many sites I havent really seen anything in my price range other then these Zeus ZXi6.5C...

Remember im not looking for the best speakers ever made for 60 bucks I just want something to add a little mids and highs

over all what are your thoughts

misfit138
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
what are your thoughts

Phoenix Golds. I thought we covered this already...

______
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Phoenix Golds. I thought we covered this already...

I didnt see what the PG had over the ZXi6.5c??

The PG is rated 120w peak and the hifonics is rated 200 RMS?

misfit138
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I didnt see what the PG had over the ZXi6.5c??

The PG is rated 120w peak and the hifonics is rated 200 RMS?

Yeah, because power handling is the most important thing to consider when choosing components...

______
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah, because power handling is the most important thing to consider when choosing components...

Ok??? so when I asked and got nothing but a link with a item number I had to look at something...

no one said the PG is better for one reason or another, this is why I asked b/c I dont know what to look for in a set of comps.

misfit138
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Ok??? so when I asked and got nothing but a link with a item number I had to look at something...

no one said the PG is better for one reason or another, this is why I asked b/c I dont know what to look for in a set of comps.

I don't know if the search function is working on the forum yet, but you can try it. Search for Phoenix Gold RSD65cs. They were a forum boner not long ago, so there should be lots of info. Most people say they're great for the price. Some complained about the tweets being a little harsh, but that's about it...

______
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah the search is working now.... Off I go

Thanks

death metal
02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
60 bucks for comps? wouldn't even bother. save a little more and pick you up some of these. for the money, these speakers are hard to beat. sound a lot better than those pg rsd's everybody is cheering for...

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System (http://www.woofersetc.com/p6201/CTX65CS--Image-Dynamics-65"-Component-Speaker-System.htm)

RowJoe
02-08-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't know if the search function is working on the forum yet, but you can try it. Search for Phoenix Gold RSD65cs. They were a forum boner not long ago, so there should be lots of info. Most people say they're great for the price. Some complained about the tweets being a little harsh, but that's about it...

Most of the harshness actually comes from the woofer, IME.

misfit138
02-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Most of the harshness actually comes from the woofer, IME.

Maybe I got it mixed up. Seems like I remember some people using the mids and disregarding the tweets completely...

RowJoe
02-08-2010, 04:49 AM
I do recall some conflicting posts on this matter. Some peeps described the tweeter as "airy". I'm not a big fan of either driver in this set. I accidentally blew one of my LPG26NAFM tweets and tried going back to the RSD tweets... woo doggy, they sounded like poo after getting used to the LPG tweets.

If it were my money, I'd try the HAT Imagine set. There's only a small amount of info/hands-on testing available at the moment, but they already seem like one of the best buys in the $200 range.

misfit138
02-08-2010, 05:11 AM
I do recall some conflicting posts on this matter. Some peeps described the tweeter as "airy". I'm not a big fan of either driver in this set. I accidentally blew one of my LPG26NAFM tweets and tried going back to the RSD tweets... woo doggy, they sounded like poo after getting used to the LPG tweets.

If it were my money, I'd try the HAT Imagine set. There's only a small amount of info/hands-on testing available at the moment, but they already seem like one of the best buys in the $200 range.

If the OP would more than triple his budget, which buying the HAT components would require, he'd be opening up a ton of great options... :)

______
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
If the OP would more than triple his budget, which buying the HAT components would require, he'd be opening up a ton of great options... :)

Yeah I can't go and drop 2 bills on comps. I might be able to spend a bit more but if I say $75 then best speakers for me will be $90 if I say $90 I'll need to get the set for $125 lol you see where I'm going with this... I thank you all for the info and more is welcome I'm going to spend some time researching diff sets I just need a jumping off point and some feedback on ones I find.

Thanks again guys I'm sure I'll be posting an item number so you can let me know if they are good or junk

grimreper912003
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Powerbass ;)

______
02-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Powerbass ;)

I looked into powerbass stuff... Didn't really do it for me

what are you thoughts on the lanzar opti line, Found a set of those and a set of the soundstream PCC.6n localy with a low enough price??

Thanks

misfit138
02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I haven't seen any Lanzar equipment in person for a very, very long time. I've heard that their Opti line is the only equipment they make that's worth messing with these days...

______
02-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok i think its gone on to long... Im ready to pull the trigger... what set (See links below) See like i stated b4 i dont really know what to look for in a good comp. set so here are the three im left with

Thank you all for your input

Picasso Components (http://www.soundstream.com/AudioProducts/Components/picasso.htm)
Lanzar Car Audio (http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI6.1)
Hifonics ZXi 6.5C (http://www.hifonicsshop.com/product/ZXi6.5C)

misfit138
02-10-2010, 01:20 AM
I don't think I'd buy any of those components.

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
2500 watt substage and you won't spend one bill on components? lol

RSD's are the only thing for $60 I would mess with. I'm kinda tempted to buy a set at that price even though I got my CDT's for $80 and I haven't even installed them yet.

misfit138
02-10-2010, 01:25 AM
2500 watt substage and you won't spend one bill on components? lol

RSD's are the only thing for $60 I would mess with. I'm kinda tempted to buy a set at that price even though I got my CDT's for $80 and I haven't even installed them yet.

For some reason, this guy isn't interested in the RSDs. Based on the 3 sets he listed in his last post, I'm going to say it's because he doesn't think they look cool...

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 01:29 AM
For some reason, this guy isn't interested in the RSDs. Based on the 3 sets he listed in his last post, I'm going to say it's because he doesn't think they look cool...

lol, honestly, I was blown away when I heard some RSDs. The tweets aren't the greatest, as my buddy who was running them had one of them blow, but the mids have a lot of output.

What don't you like about the Soundstreams?

misfit138
02-10-2010, 01:30 AM
What don't you like about the Soundstreams?

They're Soundstreams. :)

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
They're Soundstreams. :)

Aren't there a couple of Soundstream nuthuggers around here though? :confused:

misfit138
02-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Aren't there a couple of Soundstream nuthuggers around here though? :confused:

I'm not one of them. :)

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm not one of them. :)

Why not? Honestly I've never heard any of their equipment.

______
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM

Looks have nothing to do with it... they wont be seen at all. I keep hearing abou the PG, the two ppl I know that had them were not really happy and no one has said what makes them any better then the three Im looking at...... Is it the name???

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Looks have nothing to do with it... they wont be seen at all. I keep hearing abou the PG, the two ppl I know that had them were not really happy and no one has said what makes them any better then the three Im looking at...... Is it the name???

There are numerous testimonials from people on this site who have used the RSDs. I have heard nothing about those, and honestly, I would never run Hifonics or Lanzar speakers.

Two cents.

misfit138
02-10-2010, 01:55 AM

- Lanzar has been a flea market brand for years. They're on the same level as Boss, Power Acoustik and Pyle. I've heard a handful of people say decent things about their Opti line, but the reputation of their other equipment would keep me from giving the Opti stuff a try.

- There's something about Soundstream that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the gaudy spider that they splash across everything, or maybe it's the gimmicky nature of some of their products. Whatever it is, it screams "Don't Buy Me" in my ear.

- Hifonics is, first and foremost, an amplifier company. I've used and installed many of their amplifiers over the years and only the MB Quart Discus series has impressed me. If their amps regularly disappoint me, I assume their speakers lines will **** too.

______
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM
There are numerous testimonials from people on this site who have used the RSDs. I have heard nothing about those, and honestly, I would never run Hifonics or Lanzar speakers.

Two cents.

I thank you for your two cents... but outside the lanzar name whats wrong with them? Guy I work with has the opti subs and they play loud and low all day @ 1000w rms

______
02-10-2010, 02:04 AM
- Lanzar has been a flea market brand for years. They're on the same level as Boss, Power Acoustik and Pyle. I've heard a handful of people say decent things about their Opti line, but the reputation of their other equipment would keep me from giving the Opti stuff a try.

- There's something about Soundstream that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the gaudy spider that they splash across everything, or maybe it's the gimmicky nature of some of their products. Whatever it is, it screams "Don't Buy Me" in my ear.

- Hifonics is, first and foremost, an amplifier company. I've used and installed many of their amplifiers over the years and only the MB Quart Discus series has impressed me. If their amps regularly disappoint me, I assume their speakers lines will **** too.

THANK YOU.... thats the ***** I want to know. for real

I uderstand the lanzar thing I thought the same thing until I heard the optis... Only reason I even looked at the SoundStream or the Hifonics is B/C the amps. For the most part the amp put out great power for a good price so I thought the comps. could do the same

Again guys thank you

hatedonmostly
02-10-2010, 02:23 AM

Good post.

spltuscon
02-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I put the Hifonics set in my girlfriends car ($60 shipped) and they are really pretty good for the money. If it was for my own car and that's all I had to spend and those were my choices, I'd try the Lanzar. They do make a lot of low end crap, but anything opti I've tried has been decent.
I mean honestly if you're only spending $60 and you get something halfway decent that you like, I think you did pretty well.

mclerico83
02-10-2010, 10:59 PM
(35.95) POWERBASS S-6C <br>6.5" 210W 2-WAY COMPONENT SYSTEM (http://www.millionbuy.com/pows6c.html)

ctt0002
03-20-2010, 07:32 PM
(35.95) POWERBASS S-6C <br>6.5" 210W 2-WAY COMPONENT SYSTEM (http://www.millionbuy.com/pows6c.html)

Have you heard these before? Im' thinking about getting 2 sets of them if they're any good.