12-24-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm going from my stock 6.5" speakers in my door to the MB Quart ReferenceRKC113 and those are 5 1/4 and I'm wondering do I need to make a baffle for those or what do I need to do so they will fit.
12-24-2003, 10:35 PM
You'll need to make a baffle ... MDF would work.
Do you need tutorials ?
12-25-2003, 12:13 AM
yes I would like a tutorial
12-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Hrm....I'll do my best to explain this.
1) Get some MDF (1/2" should be fine)
2) Make an outline of the 6.5" opening (including the mounting holes) and copy the shape onto the MDF,
3) Cut the pieces out with a jigsaw, and drill a pilothole slightly smaller than the screws you'll be using where the mounting holes are.
4) Find the mounting diamter of your speakers, and cut a hole this size in the baffle.
5) Secure the speaker onto the baffle and mount them into the stock locations to make sure they fit. Put the door panel on to make sure you have enough clearance. If you don't have enough clearance, take a router to the baffles to trim them down until they fit.
6) Once you get them to fit, simply wire them up, mount them, put the door panel back on, and you're done.