PDA

View Full Version : Stock Infinity Sound System in Ram 2500

johnyboy_10138
01-21-2010, 08:09 AM
So the factory Infinity sound system in my truck used to sound great. It had a factory amp in it, but that had to be taken out when I wired in my new head unit. Now they dont sound nearly as good. I am using an Alpine CDA 9886 head unit. I also have 2 JL10w0 v2

So my question is does anyone know the rating on these? I would like to add an amp to them, if that is a good idea. If not I would replace them as I had money.

Thanks guys.

RMF419
01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Normally the factory speakers are 2ohm, also the factory amp does alot of processing to make it sound good. It acts as an x-over. Now you are sending a fullrange signal to them. They are not fullrange speakers. You are going to need some processing or different speakers. I do not know if running that head unit at 2ohms will have any negative or positive affect apon it.

johnyboy_10138
01-21-2010, 01:00 PM
The head unit has a built in crossover to it. I currently have it set to 120hz, as i dont want to blow the speakers. Even with it off, and the subs off, there is no bass.

I am going to try out my friends Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack. It plugs into the head units wiring harness.

Thanks for the reply

hognutz
01-30-2010, 11:16 PM
why did you have to take the amp out to put the head unit in? Didn't want to buy the adapter?

in all honesty the factory amps now a days are usually better than deck power. they are still not as good as aftermarket amps but they have come a long way. I kept my factory amp and ran infinity kappa 2ohm speakers off of it and it sounds pretty decent. Not aftermarket amp and nice components good but better than any deck powered mids I have ever heard.