PDA

View Full Version : New Truck....New System Advice

Kevin Boyer
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I just recently purchased a new 2009 Ford f150 Supercrew truck and I am wanting to put a small system in it. I haven't had a system in any of my vehicles for the last 4 years, but have decided that I am keeping this truck for the foreseeable future. My past vehicles had 3 way systems in them, plus sub. My last 2 systems consisted of MB Quart components and sub and JL Audio components and JL sub. Amps were Hifonics and JL respectively. My goal this time is to put together a small system consisting of 2 way components in the front doors, and an amp to run them. My head unit right now looks to be the Alpine iDA-x305, only because I don't listen to CD's anymore, just my iTouch.

My choices right now for speakers are the DLS UP6i 2 ways, and the Dynaudio Esotec 242 GT 2 ways. Amp choices are Hifonics XXV Juno, Hifonics ZX6010, or PPI A800/2. I only say this because I used these particular amp manufacturers in other systems and liked them very much

Any suggestions, critiques or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am open to any and all.

Kevin.

AlterEgo99
01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
You can't go wrong with the Alpine CDA-9887 HU...yeah, it has a single CD player behind the faceplate, but I use mine exclusively with my iPod...and with the Imprint software it is awesome!

As for amps, I have Alpine PDX's right now but am looking to go back to my favorites, which happen to be JL Audio...looking at their HD series.

Oh yeah, I'm running an '08 Silverado X-Cab.