PDA

View Full Version : Bad Head Unit Rca Outputs?

stocker08
01-20-2010, 05:16 PM
So I installed a memphis big belle in my car and bridged the front and rear channels to run my comps. Only the left speakers played at a decent volume. I switched the rcas on the amp and then the right speakers played. Switched the rcas behind the head unit to see if it was a problem with the rca cord, it was not. It seems as though the rear rca outputs on my head unit are causing my problems. It is an Alpine cda-9835.

Any ideas? Can the belle run in two way mode with only one set of rcas?

stocker08
01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Could the fact that my cda-9835 is set to 3-way mode be interfering with the rear rca outputs? I never had that problem with my last 5-channel amp before but maybe?

cebbeler7
01-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Im assuming this head unit has 3 rca out puts? one each for fronts rears and sub. 5 channel amps always bugged me and I never got into them just because I think they don't distribute power very well. But I'm somewhat confused on the question. You said you changed the rcas back and forth and the left and right speakers played when you switched back and forth. Which means you have a bad rca cord. If it was a problem with the head unit rca outputs then normally you wont hear any sound at all or the same side will play either way you switch the rcas. try running a new rca cord from the head unit straight back to the amp without hiding the wires or any of that stuff just for a test. If the speakers work then you know it was a bad rca. hope I helped