PDA

View Full Version : Question on replacing blown woofer (ID CTX65S)

oneill584
01-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey guys,
My front left woofer broke on my ID Comps (CTX65S). Now, do I need to buy the exact woofer to replace it? If so what is the best way to go about buying a singler woofer to a comp set?

OR, could I buy a different woofer? And if so what woofer would be comparable?

Thanks a lot,
Markl

Horsemanwill
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
is the set under warrenty? if so you could have it replaced at the place of purchase.

oneill584
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I bought em new off a guy that used to sell em on here..

Rodek
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
This may sound like a no-brainer but.......Did the driver fail due to improper installation or operation? If so, I'd suggest correcting the fault before replacing the driver or...you'll be doomed to replace the driver again. If you've already corrected the error, I'd contact the seller to see if any warranty applies. If not, replace the driver with the same model number and chalk it up for a "lesson learned".

Horsemanwill
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
if you bought it from someone on here then there is NO warrenty on the item.. As far as i know ID doesn't sell just the individual driver for that set. i'm afraid you may have to buy another set. This time i recommend buying authorized from woofersetc.com or from your local ID dealer.

Hoodlum007
01-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Just buy a new pair of just the mids, this way you will have one an extra one in case the other one goes out.

CTX6M - Image Dynamics CTX Series 6.5" Midrange Speakers (http://www.woofersetc.com/p8482/CTX6M--Image-Dynamics-CTX-Series-65%22-Midrange-Speakers.htm)

Horsemanwill
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
that must be somthing new! didn't know they started doing that gonna have to yell at sean for not keepin me in the loop.