PDA

View Full Version : mid\bass driver to match dash tweeters

burnsy1
01-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone ..

I'm new here and about to drop some money in to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has the infinity gold system and a while back the tweeters in the dash blew. I had them replaced with Infinity Reference 1011t silk dome tweets. I've been happy with them.

I'm looking to replace the stock head unit, stock amp, and remaining speakers. I will probably be getting an x993.

Question is, can I find a mid\bass speaker to put in my front doors that will match well enough with the infinity dash tweeters? I know the tweeters used to also be part of a component system but I can't find what model mid's came with the set. I'm trying to stay away from getting a two way in the door...I feel like it would be too much tweet.

The stock hole in the doors if 6x9 but i believe 6.5's can fit as well.

thanks for any help.

manny1337
01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
You can buy just the midbass speaker itself and it should sound fine. Look around on here and http://www.woofersetc.com. CDT seems to be a good brand id check them out. And id personally stay away from any kenwood products. Eclipse make alot nicer hu.

burnsy1
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion I'm checking out the CL-69 - CDT now.

Regarding the Kenwood...I've actually been back and forth with it and the eclipse cd5030. The kenwood has a 24bit dac and parrot bt. But the eclipse actually has buttons and I expect the screen is easier to see on it.

It's sad that Fujitsu announced they are shutting down eclipse...this makes me worry a little about getting support for the cd 5030 if i buy it.

manny1337
01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I didnt know that they were =/ thats too bad its such a good line. Id still get it over the kenwood though. Also check out the higher end alpine line.