PDA

View Full Version : Tight Space

BooLeaN
12-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Hey, I have a small *** trunk. I can only fit a box that is 40"x18"x10" total. I currently have 2 Alpine Type R 12's in a ported box tuned to 42 Hz with an American Bass CX1200D amp running at 1 ohm on them.

Since the box must be really small, would it be benifical for me to get a different 12 inch speaker and utilize all the space for only 1 woofer instead of such small space for 2 of them?

I want my system to be as loud as possible while not sounding like ****. I was decent SQ.

Lets put it this way, my Alpine Type R 12's in a ported box at 42 Hz sounds really good for SQ to me, so anything that good or better is good enough, I just want it to hurt my head more now, and maybe make it feel like i'm getting kicked in the chest.

Thanks

nosaj070
12-23-2003, 01:11 PM
How many cubic feet per sub is the box you have right now? Porting at 42hz is pretty high, but if you feel that it has good sq its all up to you. You really can't get much louder than that without losing quite a bit of sq. Obviously sealed woudl be optimal for sq, but would lack the output. Type-r's aren't necessarily known to be ear splitting loud(though im sure its possible) so with those subs im gonna say you may not be able to get much louder, unless right now your subs have like .65 cu ft apeice.

Trixter
12-23-2003, 05:19 PM
I would get a single sub that is capable of providing 1ohm and handeling the power. Something that would call for 2.5cu'. Port it to about 32-34Hz

BooLeaN
12-25-2003, 11:42 PM
My overall volume is around 3 cubic feet. So you would have to take off port displacenent, and driver displacement. I'm not sure what it would be, but it is **** small.

What kind of sub do you think would fit 2.5 cubic feet, dual 2 ohm voice coil, can take 800-1200 RMS and be SQL, maybe about 50/50 or 60/40.

Thanks