PDA

View Full Version : question about crossovers and 6.5s

jcjcsoccerkid
01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
i have alpine type-s in my doors on HU power. i know i know, i'll be changing that in the near future. when i bought the speakers i didn't buy a component set i only bought the 6.5s. a year later i went to an audio shop and bought some memphis 15-pr1 tweeters that came with crossovers. they are both running off HU power at the moment.

when i amplify them, do i amplify the 6.5s AND the tweeters? can i use the crossover that came with the tweeters for the tweets and the 6.5s? or do i need to buy 2 more crossovers. and how do i wire this up? i've never amplified components before....this is only my 2nd system and i'm trying to do it right this time

boogeyman
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
go to the audio shop and buy a set of passive crossovers.

jcjcsoccerkid
01-14-2010, 10:01 AM
okay, any particular brands i should ask for?

also, where can i find a wiring diagram of how to hook them up? will they be hooked to the 6.5s AND the tweets?

boogeyman
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
it will say how to wire up on the passive crossover....If you use the passive you will not need to use the crossover that came with the tweets.

jcjcsoccerkid
01-14-2010, 04:12 PM
so what brands should i look for, and what brands should i avoid?

boogeyman
01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
look for mb quart, alpine, ppi, memphis basically any name brand......go to you local audio shop and see what they have or what they can get and tell us your options.