PDA

View Full Version : Viper Remote won't charge

toyopl
01-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey, I have Viper 5901 system in my car. I was away for a month for christmass and after I came back I see the LC3 2-way remote battery died, but I plug it in and it won't charge. I tried 2 different cables and also tried charging from laptop, ps3 and straight from plug aswell. anyone knows what the issue might be ?

soloXgt
01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Its DEI. I have python 872 and my FOURTH remote in a year and a half stopped working.....My two other friends are having the same issues...return it and look for something that ISN'T DEI

Buck
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I've never had a problem with mine. How long did you let it charge for?

mendon99
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Its DEI. I have python 872 and my FOURTH remote in a year and a half stopped working.....My two other friends are having the same issues...return it and look for something that ISN'T DEI

DEI makes plenty of great *****.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the 5901 series and (other brand equivalent's) are a bit overrated, as far as reliability. I would've stuck with a 5900 or better yet 791xv. the latter about NEVER fail. All this new technology is obviously not perfected yet

OP good luck with your replacement if you can get one (shouldn't be a problem if you got it installed authorized)

Havoc Evan
01-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Take it back to the dealer, they should replace it for free for you.