PDA

View Full Version : New speaker installation went well, and new amp wanted

RedWRXwagoN
01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Great news, just got new speakers professionally installed. I tried to do it myself and couldn't get them to sound right, so i bit the bullet, and paid the big price for a professional. I got Alpine type R components in the front, at 5.25", and JBL GTO427 two-ways, in the rear, at 4". I already had a head unit which is an old Pioneer, that i wont replace bc i dont have the money, which produces 22 watts rms. So, i spent $400 on all that, but it was worth it, everything sounds great.

I cant even imagine what the speakers will sound like with full power, not just being powered off the head unit. So, my question is, what kind of amp should i get to power this. I was thinking of a 5 channell, because it would be cost effective, and im planning on getting something like a 500 watt sub in the trunk. Any suggestions for me for amps? And, how are 5 channel amps? I think i read one time that its better to get a separate amp for the speakers and the sub, but i don't know if that's true.

andrewmoore13
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
i have an old school alpine 5-channel for sale if your interested.

let me know

misfit138
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I still find it hard to believe that some people can't install a pair of speakers...

RedWRXwagoN
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I still find it hard to believe that some people can't install a pair of speakers...

I find it weird that if your so knowledgeable, why couldn't you solve my problem. Im sure you stumbled upon my thread, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447499 if you really are such a smart know it all. I hope you spend less time making fun of people than you do installing your amazing speakers, YOURSELF of course. Thanks for being a douchebag, you really proved something.

Now is there anyone who can give me some advice on a designated amp for the sub and speakers, or if a five channel is acceptable.

misfit138
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
You should look at the MB Quart DSC4125.

- You can power the Type R comps with the front channels (125 watts rms per side)
- You can bridge the rear channels for a subwoofer (500 watts rms @ 4 ohms)
- Your JBL coaxials should be fine on deck power

Here's a link to the amp: http://www.vminnovations.com/product_1231/MB_QUART_DSC4125_1000W_4_Channel_Amplifier.html

misfit138
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I find it weird that if your so knowledgeable, why couldn't you solve my problem. Im sure you stumbled upon my thread, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447499 if you really are such a smart know it all. I hope you spend less time making fun of people than you do installing your amazing speakers, YOURSELF of course. Thanks for being a douchebag, you really proved something.

Now is there anyone who can give me some advice on a designated amp for the sub and speakers, or if a five channel is acceptable.

I just solved it.

You're welcome...

misfit138
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Nothing else to say, noob?

RedWRXwagoN
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I guess thank you for the advice? But, do you usually make fun of people before you help them? I mean, everyone has their reasons, but i can't think of one that suffices that.

misfit138
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I guess thank you for the advice? But, do you usually make fun of people before you help them? I mean, everyone has their reasons, but i can't think of one that suffices that.

I wasn't making fun of you. I was only touching upon something that makes little sense to me. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds or anything, but you spent $400 to enjoy $180 worth of equipment. That's why I find it hard to believe that some people can't or won't install their own gear. By doing the work yourself, you could've saved enough money to pay for the amplifier & have a little left over...

Hoodlum007
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I would get a 4 ch now for the speakers and get a separate amp later when you know what kind of sub you are going to get and what ohms. You will also be able to push more power from an amp dedicated to the substage.

If you need help picking out a 4 ch amp let me know.