PDA

View Full Version : better box building...

rocktonic13
12-20-2003, 11:59 PM
how do i make a "better quality" sealed box? as far as i was concerened, my sealed box was fine(completely sealed, right size) and was mdf and eerything... then my friend got his infinity perfect installed at a local shop and they built him a box, and the sub is louder than my 12a without even breaking in(his is sealed box, compairable cars tahoe and expedition, both fireing in the same direction, both getting rms power) i know my 12a should be louder, and i cant think of anything else becides the box... what else can i do to make the box louder, or if i make a new sealed box, what will make a "better box"

TPABlazer
12-21-2003, 12:02 AM
what wood did you use vs his, how well its sealed, and most importantly, airspace

rocktonic13
12-21-2003, 12:10 AM
mines mdf, im assuming thats what his is bc its a really good shop intown(tweeter owned)... mines 1.0cf his is whatever the perfect is recmended for, i think 1.25... so both are in recemended sealed boxes... mine is sealed, it really doesnt have any leaks, and i dont know how the hell a perfect is getting louder than it....

Jayson Hisel
12-21-2003, 02:12 PM
i would build a good ported box at about 2.oas tuned @40 hertz or a good sealed box at 1.50as.if you do a sealed make sure it is completly sealed tho.