View Full Version : Strange rattling noise from speaker - Turns out they are unglued aroung the edges

01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Is this common? I had a strange noise coming from my components and when I took a look they were unglued around the edges. I guess the noise was just from them flopping around.

I was just wondering:

A) What causes this? Would it be overpowering or could it be defective material?

B) How do I prevent it from happening again?

I am in the recommended power range and gains are set correct so they shouldn't be overpowered.

01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
if you didn't set your high pass filter correctly and you beat the hell out of them on some bassy songs then it could but I don't see them coming unglued without blowing first or having the surround rip from the cone. Unless they weren't glue correctly at the factory.

01-06-2010, 09:04 PM
^ They sounded and still sound great, I was playing them for a while thinking it was something loose in my door panel. Thats why I think it may be a defective set because they still sound fine and some more bassy song I would hear the buzz but others they still sounded amazing.

01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
what drivers?

01-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Speakers: Image Dynamics CXS64

Amp: Audison SRX 4 bridged to 2 channel at 4 ohm.

170W RMS to each speaker which are underrated and list upto 175W RMS recommended on the ID site.

So not cheap ****.

01-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Take the panel off to see if there are any screws loose.
but if you're in the habit of playing your music loud, you may have blown the speakers.

01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
^ I took the panels off, the skrews are not loose I already said the problem is the glue coming off around the cone and they are not blown.