PDA

View Full Version : door enclosure/baffle for infinity reference components

stephend
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm trying to find an effective way to enclose the woofer for my component set in the doors, to get more midbass, we were playing with some abs last night, and came up with an enclosure that fits around the back of the speaker, but it *****...absolutely no midbass at all, and sounds like sh**. this is in a 95 mustang, with 5x7 speakers (factory size)

thanks in advance for any help

LoneRanger
12-18-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm trying to find an effective way to enclose the woofer for my component set in the doors, to get more midbass, we were playing with some abs last night, and came up with an enclosure that fits around the back of the speaker, but it *****...absolutely no midbass at all, and sounds like sh**. this is in a 95 mustang, with 5x7 speakers (factory size)

thanks in advance for any help

I'm pretty sure somebody makes either a door or kick panel kit for that model mustang....not sure who tho.

If all else fails, get a trimplate from a local audio shop (i can also make them for pretty cheap) to convert your 5x7 holes to 5.25 holes with a small tweeter cutout on the side.....5x7's ****!