PDA

View Full Version : Music keep skipping, WTF is wrong?

JarvisB
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Like the title says.

I have a Pioneer Avic 900BT with an ipod adapter

It was playing fine n all that until a few days ago.

Even when I am playing ipod, the music would quickly skip at least once almost every minute or two.

I switched to CD and it still does the same.

One thing I have noticed, when my vehicle is not moving at stop light or parked. the music would play smoothly, but once I get moving, it would start skipping.

Any ideas why? I am thinking it is possible that there is a loose connection? but how can it be a loose connection if it reads ipod and cds just fine at first place?

Need help! this is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

JarvisB
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
My amp and sub is not in the vehicle due to me working on the new false floor. so the subwoofer's RCA is lying exposed in the back while it is still hooked to the HU. Can this be the cause of music skipping?

I doubt it but it has to be something??

DonH
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
the HU stays on? running off HU power to door speakers i presume

ltr450racer690
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
does it have gps. i know if you have a destination in and the volume all the way down on the voice for the nav it will skip but its cuz the person is talking and you just dont hear here. make sense?

deathpenalty18
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
vibration? idk lets see what the other peps say!

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 12:58 AM
the HU stays on? running off HU power to door speakers i presume
yes the HU stays on no problem and yes speakers are powered by the HU

does it have gps. i know if you have a destination in and the volume all the way down on the voice for the nav it will skip but its cuz the person is talking and you just dont hear here. make sense?
Yes it makes sense, hmm. Never thought of that. Actually, I think this makes a lot of sense! I think I'll check it out tomorrow morning. I wasnt using GPS but I might have left it on something.

vibration? idk lets see what the other peps say!
Thats what I thought at first. but the point is the sub isnt even in the vehicle so vibration isnt that bad at all. AND since when the ipod skips due to vibration lol? From my experience, it only skips with CDs due to vibration, not ipods.

wccoug21
01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
are the rca subouts exposed and shorting with eachother in the back that could possibly cause it... try to tape the ends and see if that helps

SicAudio
01-05-2010, 01:04 AM
are the rca subouts exposed and shorting with eachother in the back that could possibly cause it... try to tape the ends and see if that helps

BINGO GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR !!!!!

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
BINGO GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR !!!!!

lol r u serious?

I'll check it out as well. Or maybe my HU just misses my sub/amp :)

SicAudio
01-05-2010, 01:40 AM
dead serious it will cause a dead short in the deck momentarily ;)

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 02:21 AM
**** man no wonder

so I am supposed to keep the rcas from grounding(touching metal) or keep each rca output separated or taped up?

SicAudio
01-05-2010, 02:22 AM
yes

DidUHearThat?
01-05-2010, 02:28 AM
**** man no wonder

so I am supposed to keep the rcas from grounding(touching metal) or keep each rca output separated or taped up?

Only on a fawking pioneer because of the worlds stupidest ground pico fuse design flaw.

Yet another thread where this flaw has caused the user problems. Please kill me if I ever buy a pioneer HU. Clearly I must have had brain damage before the purchase.

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 02:29 AM
I see.

I never really understood how the interconnects work ha.. So didnt know they could cause a short

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Only on a fawking pioneer because of the worlds stupidest ground pico fuse design flaw.

Yet another thread where this flaw has caused the user problems. Please kill me if I ever buy a pioneer HU. Clearly I must have had brain damage before the purchase.

Interesting. I never was aware of this.

So you mean it only happens with Pioneer HUs, none other?

Lets say if I am in the same situation but running a different HU, I wouldnt be experiencing any short?

SicAudio
01-05-2010, 02:39 AM

stf noob it isnt the pico fuse moron read the thread any deck will short out if the rca center pin touches ground u stupid idiot

dimple he is full of **** ignore him
the rca is grounding out is all any deck will do it.

bigaudiofanati2
01-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Interesting. I never was aware of this.

So you mean it only happens with Pioneer HUs, none other?

Lets say if I am in the same situation but running a different HU, I wouldnt be experiencing any short?

Correct pioneer is the only one that does this stupidest stuff including pico fuses and failing parts. YOUR PROBLEM does not correspond to that problem but I agree with the others they can be shorting themselves on in the back of the head unit. I am an alpine guy but you have a double din so if you were to ever upgrade go with a kenwood 6140 built in garmin gps and built in parrot blu tooth. Very nice head unit.

hornedfrog1985
01-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Quit spewing your ignorant hatred for Pioneer. Just because you had one pioneer deck crap out on you because you didn't know how to install it doesn't mean they ****. I know, you have been installing car audio since you were 8 years old... lol

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Hah okay guys I think it is the RCAs, I am going to tape it up no worries. my ******* forgot to test it this morning lol. I woke up early so I could send my explorer into shop for a few repairs on the viper alarm system. It was early so I did not even think about the RCAs and the music.

I will update y'all when I have the vehicle back and taped up the RCAs

hornedfrog1985- not sure if your sn means anything, but I'm sorry that Horned Frogs lost last night. I was rooting for them ha. I think if they sent it into OT, they would have won it.

hornedfrog1985
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM
No, I like the actual animal not the school. Root for Iowa tonight though.

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
lol i see cool man

iowa shouldnt be in this game man, that northwestern game has to be depressing for all of the iowa fans

hornedfrog1985
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, they hurt Shonn Greene last year too. They have a lot of starters coming back next year so I'll have that to look forward to.

JarvisB
01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Really? didnt realize they hurt Greene last year. Must be some kind of a karma against NW lol

JarvisB
02-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey guys, I am still experiencing music cutting out just for quick sometimes while driving. It could be anytime, not when I go over bumps, and my amps are hooked good and no grounding issues.

What do I need to do to solve this?

I am thinking that maybe it is because I grounded the head unit on the metal cage behind the dash, the unit might be touching the ground point? I might try take it out and redo the ground location. But I got a feeling that it is something else because it was fine at first.

I Like Waffle
02-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Keep your RCAs from grounding, ****.

JarvisB
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
they r not grounding out?? Everything is hooked up properly.

da-mn, what was that "f---" for?

JarvisB
02-22-2010, 11:42 PM
any other ideas??

JarvisB
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
this **** is getting old, any ideas?

on other hand, what am i supposed to do to ground the RCAs. I might have nothing to do during spring break so I will just do that if possible.